Friday, April 29, 2011

4 Months

This morning I took Pierson to the pediatrician for her 4-month check up. She is doing just dandy! She weighs 13 pounds, is 24 1/2 inches in length and her head is 16 1/8 inches in diameter. Broken down she is in the 25th percentile for weight, 50th for height (She's 2 feet tall now!) and the 75th percentile for head. Looks like she's inherited Spencer's big potato head, his words, not mine! Her eczema is still bad but we are doing what we can to keep it under control and she has a flat head on the right side. I was told to put all of her toys on the left side of the crib to make her look the other way and in my head I am asking, What toys? What crib? Poor baby girl, doesn't even have any toys because she doesn't play with toys yet so I threw some in Rane's crib this afternoon, where she was sleeping for a nap, and when I went to get her she was still looking the wrong way! We busted out the exersaucer today too to get her off her back but we were unable to put her in it because she screamed bloody murder all afternoon because the shots in her leg she received were hurting her so badly. It was absolutely awful. I have never, ever heard her scream so loudly. I had to stay outside with her during Rane's nap because she was screaming so loudly and I called Spencer to have him come home to help me. She finally calmed down after a couple of hours and some Tylenol. The pediatrician also told me that I needed to stop swaddling her, which I knew because she is 4 months old but she will not sleep without being tightly bound. I have tried a few times for naps and she just screamed forever until I caved and wrapped her back up! So tonight I am not swaddling and I know she will take forever to fall asleep and be up in the middle of the night but I know it needs to be done, especially since she hasn't even attempted to start rolling over yet and the flat head problem! Sweet baby girl was so worn out from the day she fell asleep in the Bumbo seat while I was making dinner......

Bless her heart! That would be Rane's arm in the picture. He pushed a chair over to the counter and climbed up on it because he was so concerned for her. He would pat the Bumbo seat and ask me, "Mommy, what's da matter with Peeson?"

On a side note, we are experimenting with Rane sleeping in Ella-Ann's room the past two nights. Ella-Ann has become deathly afraid of everything, even Peter Rabbit, which she watched at school last week while the older classes tested! Peter Rabbit? Really? She is also afraid of earthquakes and tornadoes. Looks like the TV will be OFF when the news is on in the mornings from now on! It doesn't help that they talk about it all at school too! So Rane being with her has helped some, but he wakes up early some mornings, of course being the last two mornings, so we have heard them before 6 a.m. each time. However, I was up at 4 a.m. the past two mornings anyway because with the bad storms we had the night before last I reset our clock in our bedroom incorrectly when the power went off and got up at 4 a.m. to work out instead of 6 a.m.! I also got up at 4 this morning to watch the royal wedding, of course, even though I recorded it! I just couldn't wait! So we shall see a couple of more nights how it goes with the two of them together but I am not going to like being woken up before dawn if it continues so they may be separated again!

2 comments:

Andre' said...

Pierson is so cute!!! Can't believe how big she is! BTW, we were told we could keep Jack swaddled until he tried to roll over and he was six months before we took the swaddle blanket away...he also couldn't sleep without it before that! Good luck!

Andre' said...

That was Christy, not Andre :)