Monday, April 11, 2011

EB Is Having A Baby!

One of my best friends/sorority sister, Emily (EB as the 5 of us girls affectionately call her), is due with her first baby in June so Andrea, Katie, Laura and I decided to get together at her place this past weekend before the baby so we can shower her with gifts! A family friend that lives near her also wanted to do something special so she had an amazing brunch in her honor on Saturday morning.

I drove down on Friday with the kids to Gary and Gayla's house, where Spencer was, and stayed with them all weekend since they live so close to Emily. The kids were thrilled to see their Daddy, as was I, and spend some time with their Nana, Papa and cousins! I couldn't wait to see the girls, who I haven't seen in many, many months, so I went over to Emily's house Friday night to visit with them. Andrea had a little girl, Emma, last August and I still hadn't even met her so I was anxious to get my hands on that baby too! It was soooooooo good to see them and, as usual, we picked up where we left off and carry on as if we haven't been a day apart! Unfortunately, Laura couldn't come because she is due with her second little boy any day now so traveling wasn't an option for her.

On Saturday I got up bright and early (4 a.m. to be exact) because I was beyond excited to spend the day with my friends! I took Pierson over to Emily's and the two big kids stayed behind to play. The brunch was so beautiful and the food was fantastic! Emily got some great gifts and I enjoyed meeting a few of her other friends from work and her neighborhood.

The girls and I had so much fun together and the time passed by too quickly. Spencer and I left with the kids and headed home Sunday morning. It is good to be home but we sure miss our family and friends now that we are by ourselves! Congratulations again, Emily, we are so happy for you!!!!!!!

Pierson had to keep one eye open around sweet Emma who was all too curious to figure out exactly what Pierson was! ha!

Emma was a doll and was quite a trooper all day Saturday and never made a single peep, except to babble and laugh!

Emily opening one of her gifts.

The theme for Emily's nursery is Peter Rabbit so the shower was decorated to the nines with all Peter Rabbit stuff, including a goodie bucket with little spring goodies. So nice!

No comments: