Thursday, April 21, 2011

Say What?

Rane is the funniest kid I know and the cutest little boy! He is always making us laugh, whether he means to or not! He is also full of mischief, curiosity and testing! He keeps me on my toes all day long, always has! Even as an infant before he could even move you could see it in his eyes...he was ready to explore before his body would allow. Yesterday while I was putting on my makeup Rane decided to give his car a dip in the toilet! That is just one of the many things he does every single day that warrant me disciplining him. Poor kid! Now that he is almost 28 months old (really????) he has lots and lots to say. I think he talks really well, as I have mentioned before, and most people can understand exactly what he is saying. I love my little Southern boy....everything, I mean every single word, always has at least 2 syllables. For example the word "air" sounds like "aY-er." It's so cute! Before I forget, I wanted to post a record of some of the things he says for my future 2011 blog book. So, here are some Rane-isms.....

"What's dat noise?" (I think he just likes to say this because he says it at least 50 times a day.)
"Whatcha' doin?"
"It's daW-rk!!" (He refuses to go into any dark or dimly-lit room because he's afraid of the dark.)
"Tiptoe, tiptoe....it's a bear!!!!" (He says this when walking into the dimly-lit or dark room. It comes from the book "We're Going On A Bear Hunt," which is his favorite read.)
"Where's El-la AY-an?"
"Wait! I doin' sompin'!!" (This is what he says to me when I tell him to stop doing whatever he is doing, like getting into the pantry or trash because he's disobeying.) I always respond, "I know you're doin' sompin', you're disobeying!
"I go outside!"
"No dunder!" (No thunder.)
"I don like it!"
"Ohhh I like it!"
"Mommy, I hungry."
"I want a muuvie." (I want a smoothie.)
He calls his blanket a blanklet.
"I not tired!"
"Muuuve!!!" (Move)
"Come on dude!" (This one is thanks to Spencer and I driving!)
"Gooooo lady!" (Also another driving thing!)
"I want somma dat!" (It doesn't matter what we are eating, he always wants a bite!)
"Make me handsome!" (He wants styling gel in his hair.)
"I go school day, Mommy?" (Am I going to school today, Mommy?)
"I see friends! I see Miss Samanta!" (Talking about going to school and his teacher, Mrs. Samantha.)
"Don't touch my milk."
Me: "Rane, are you a Daddy's boy or a Mama's boy?" R: "I uh Daddy's boy!!!"
R: "I wan go home, Mommy." Me: "Rane, we ARE home."
"I do it! I do it!" (For everything.)
"Why?" (Oh yes, it has started.)
"Read books peese!"
Today I was impressed with his vocabulary when he said, as we were at a red light, "Look over there at dat big wheel movin' on dat truck!" (He loves big trucks and cars!)
And the grand finale which I am sure my mother-in-law will not be too happy about, neither am I, is...."Dad blame it!" Spencer says this all the time in front of him when he is frustrated so, of course, Rane has picked it up and started saying it this week. I have to turn around and laugh when he does say it because it really is funny. He gets frustrated doing something, like trying to get a truck out of his toy bin, and will say, "Dad blame it!!!" I have started ignoring it hoping that if I do not give it any attention he will stop. I just turn around and yell at Spencer and tell him to stop saying it instead!
He can also say his ABCs and count to 10!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

What a cutie! He is such a funny boy...we love being around him (and all your kids)!! I hope you guys have a great Easter weekend!
love,
Mandy