Friday, April 08, 2011

Spring Break...Our Very First!

Ella-Ann was on spring break this week so this past Saturday we packed it up (so much gear!) and the three kids and I headed north to visit my parents for the week. It was the first time I traveled with the kids by myself but we managed just fine, even if our pit stop at McDonald's included having all 3 kids in one stall with me in the restroom and Rane licking the seats while eating. But, you know, it was all in a good day's work with 3 kids! They all did wonderfully in the car and I had all of my nerves in tact when we pulled into Mimi and Grandpa's driveway 6 hours later.

As soon as we arrived Ella-Ann and Grandpa hopped in the car and headed to a friend's farm to plant trees for Arbor Day. Ella-Ann got to run around with a little friend/cousin, Morgan, all afternoon and she had so much fun! To top it off, they had caught a rabbit so Ella-Ann got to play with him.

We enjoyed each day we were there and didn't do too much since all I wanted to do was have help and sleep! I was so excited to sleep in a room by myself and have the big kids upstairs (with my parents dealing with them) and Pierson was in a room separate from me so sleep I did! Pierson even started sleeping through the night while we were there so most mornings I woke up feeling rested and that hasn't happened since November! The kids loved playing outside every day we were there. They bought a Razor scooter for Ella-Ann and a tricycle for Rane and both of them loved their new rides. Mom loved, LOVED cuddling with Pierson and sweet little P ate up all the attention she received! She started cooing more and more and smiling for anyone and at anything so she was a treat to Mimi and Grandpa!

On Tuesday we drove to Indiana to visit our Aunt Sue. The kids enjoyed seeing her, playing in her backyard and seeing her pond. Her house is full of tiny, antique figurines that Rane and Ella-Ann loved to pick up and carry around. Unfortunately Mom and I spent most of the visit cleaning up after Rane and following his every move to make sure he didn't break anything. At one point he kicked over a table (twirling around in the chair next to it) and down came crashing about 6 porcelain birds! Thank goodness they didn't break...even when they hit the wood floor! Next was him tripping into a small table that fell into a curio cabinet that had lots and lots of little (all breakable) figurines on it...didn't break either! Whew! Needless to say, we will meet at a restaurant next time!

On Wednesday my friend, Sara, and her two little ones, Lucy and Jay, came over for a visit. It was great to see them and Rane and Ella-Ann loved the company! Even though we had five kids going crazy in the same room with us, Sara and I did manage to catch up!

Most of our days were spent hanging out around the house, playing outside, running errands, eating out and enjoying our time with each other. One day it stormed really bad all morning long so when the sirens started going off we headed to the basement with Rane flipping out because of all the loud "dunder!" I took a lot of pictures so click HERE to see them.

A dirty little face after planting tomatoes with Grandpa.



At Aunt Sue's house.

Pierson in the tub!

Having a heart-to-heart with Grandpa.

No comments: