Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday

Today was a great day. I wish Spencer could've gone to church with us to see Ella-Ann sing with the choir for Palm Sunday but he had to work. That was the not fun part, but he was home by the time we got home so all was well after my exhausting church excursion. I don't know why I even bothered going to church since I didn't get to pay attention to one single sentence of the sermon because I was up and down with the kids the entire time...bottle, poops, crying, bathroom, etc.

It wasn't an exciting day or anything, just an enjoyable one with each other. The girls and I clipped coupons during Rane's nap. Ella-Ann loves to clip coupons with me and I am loving teaching her to be frugal! Every Saturday she asks me if today is the day the newspaper comes because she wants to help me cut coupons! Today when I answered "yes" to that question her response was, "Yessssss!" I borrowed a Bumbo seat from a friend at church for Pierson to sit in since Jana has mine and I haven't seen her yet to get it back so while EA and I clipped, Pierson sat on the table and watched me intently!

After Rane's nap we headed over to a really neat park that is very close to our home. Unfortunately Spencer noticed it yesterday while driving by (he takes this route to work every day) and once he saw it he regretted us having never been to it since it is SO close to our house and awesome! There isn't a playground or anything, just beautiful walking trails in the woods right along a creek. It is gorgeous! We walked several trails and the kids, Spencer and I were in heaven! It was the perfect day and the kids were so upset to leave. I put Pierson in the sling and she slept the entire time. Rane and Ella-Ann picked up sticks, ran around, played in the creek and picked up caterpillars and carried them around. It was such a serene and peaceful place. Spencer and I are kicking ourselves for living near it for nearly 1.5 years and never noticing it! Ahhhh well, better late than never! We will go back, probably this week again, so I will be sure and pack the camera.

Walking into the service waving her palm branch.

We were given the CD of songs for Ella-Ann to practice and both Ella-Ann and Rane want to listen to it every single time we are in the car. Here Rane is singing "Hosanna! Hosanna!" with the choir.

Ready to clip coupons! Well, I take that back, Ella-Ann had to first browse the Toys R Us ad!

Sweet baby girl is getting so big! I had to prop her up even more with a blanket because she still has serious head control issues!

See, she's learning...she already pulled the Red Plum insert for me! Or maybe she just wanted a ham for Easter!



Wait! A smile is coming.....
There it is!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Katie, I LOVE all these pictures! The ones of the kids at church really made me miss CCP!
And, thanks for posting so many good ones of Pierson...she is just growing like a weed!
Again, so sorry I still have your Bumbo seat...but am glad you have one to borrow until I can get my hiney to ATL! Love ya!