Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I Like to Move it Move it

No I really don't, but that seems to be what we've been doing for the last 3 months. So tired, so tired is all I have to say. Really, reeeeeeelly tired. We went to Kentucky to Spencer's Aunt Connie and Uncle Wayne's house for a family get together this past weekend. We had such a good time! Ella Ann played until she could play no more but she still got upset when it was time to leave. She got to play all day with Carter, Seth, Clisty, Thatcher and Hadley. Ethan and Rane just got entertained and held the entire time! We had great food, some of the kids and adults played corn hole, ate watermelon outside, played tennis and watched sports so a good time was had by all! Thanks again Wayne and Connie for having us!

I had to have everything pretty much done as far as moving goes before we left on Friday afternoon because the movers were coming Monday morning. The kids were staying in Kentucky with Spencer's parents on Saturday evening and Spencer and I headed back with the Evans' that evening. We got up early Sunday morning and headed home. We did all the last minute details of packing and cleaned the house really well. We sold our living room furniture and a bookshelf so we sat on the floor and watched television that evening. I was thrilled to not have to move three large pieces of furniture because with a moving company, time is money! I moved us with the movers most of the day on Monday. I felt so sorry for them because our house sits on a hill and the back end of the truck wouldn't allow them to drive up the driveway so they had to park in the street at the bottom of the hill and the four men had to haul all of our stuff, all of it, up the hill. Man they worked hard. Once they got everything in, or actually before that, I worked in a flurry to get everything unpacked and believe me when I say I did not stop until Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. (to post this). Our new couch that we absolutely love was delivered Tuesday morning so I now get to actually sit down on it and enjoy it's comfort! Spencer and I went to IKEA Tuesday afternoon to buy some shelving for the house because we didn't have any place to store books and decorations in any room and we still have to buy two more book cases soon. I had to go back to IKEA today to return one shelf and I was so exhausted and physically worn out that the IKEA associate helping me said something a little off to me and I literally broke down and cried. I certainly hit a wall! What he said normally wouldn't have bothered me but I couldn't handle it today! I was so ready to come home and veg on the couch but the pictures that needed to be hung on the wall kept beckoning to me so I hung them...all of them. Our house is completely and totally done. Ahhhhhh. It was worth the physical exhaustion on my behalf to have it all done and not have anything pressing hanging over my head because those of you who know me know I couldn't have slept a wink until it was finished!

Spencer and I enjoyed our four full days of alone time and went to dinner one night. It was great to eat dinner on TV trays at whatever time we wanted and not have to put anyone to bed! I will be meeting my parents in Tennessee tomorrow at noon to pick up the kiddos. Back to reality! Thanks again grandparents for your help (again) with our move! I certainly couldn't have done all that I did with Ella Ann and Rane around!

Here are some pictures from our weekend. I will post pictures of the house sometime soon.



Ella Ann playing tennis for the first time with Clisty.




Nanny and Rane.


Seth and Ella Ann were big buddies! You rarely saw one without the other all day! I know Ella Ann loves to boss him around and poor Seth lets her!


Seth and Ella Ann discussing life. I overheard her asking Seth, "Are you 1, 1 1/2, 2, 3 or 4? You're 1 Seth, you're 1."

The two of them sat under that tree and talked and talked. It was so cute!


Falling down onto the quilt laid out in the grass after chasing each other in the yard.




Running ON the cornhole game!

Wayne and Connie gave the kids goodie bags.






Daddy had to give Rane a little help with his present. They each got a cup with their names on it. You pushed a button on the bottom and they would light up. They were quite a hit! Rane was ready to handle a big boy cup!


Sitting outside enjoying the awesome weather.

All of the kids piled into Connie's closet to see their cups light up in the dark!



Ella Ann checking out Ethan and Hadley on Nanny's lap.

Nanny with Hadley and Ethan.


Rane entertaining himself with a jump rope!


New toys to play with! Wahoo!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Can't wait to see pics of the new place!! Glad you got to rest a little...I'm tired just thinking about everything you just did!!!

Mandy said...

We had a great weekend with you guys! The pictures are so cute...I love the ones of Seth and Ella Ann! They will have so much fun at the beach. I can't wait to see pics of the house. You are awesome to get it all done! Enjoy your little ones today...I know you're ready to see them!
Love,
Mandy

Cornwall McDerbyshire said...

You labeled Ethan as Seth twice there, chap.