Wednesday, September 09, 2009

What A Morning

Yes indeed it had quite a start. Ella Ann had her first day of preschool this morning. She was very excited, especially since she got to stay for Lunch Bunch and go to ballet afterwards. I didn't pick her up until close to 2 p.m.....I felt like she was gone forever! I packed her little lunch box last night and got her ballet bag ready as well (she is using my dance bag from my years of taking dance when I was her age...awwwww!). She was thrilled to see all her buddies from her 2-year-old class, mainly her two best friends that are twins, Ella and Lucy Kate. I walked her inside and I thought she was going to lose it but she pulled it together, didn't shed a tear and hugged me goodbye! Wow! I couldn't believe it! It took until MAY, yes May, until she stopped crying at drop off! I have to say the year is off to a good start! Okay so now my morning is heading downhill. I go straight to my Bible study after I drop her off and my goal is to get there quickly because Rane has to take a nap while we are there and I cannot let him fall asleep in the car or else he will not nap, which means a bad day for me. So I reach back to hand him a toy to make him stay awake only to feel a warm stickiness on my fingers. Poop. Lots of poop. Chunky, banana-laden poo. It was too late. He was covered in it. He had it all over his hands, legs, feet, toes, hair, mouth, etc. Then he ate it. No joke. This is why I mentioned the fact that it was banana-laden....it looked like a delicious meal to him! Yuck. I pressed on to Bible study as fast as I could. Why did I not turn around and go home, you ask? I don't know, I just kept going! So I get to church and when I lay him on the changing table he starts kicking his legs and reaching down for more poop so now it is REALLY, really smeared everywhere. It was in my rings...that's how much of it there was. It took me half a pack of wipes to get him somewhat clean. I ended up having to put him in the bathroom sink and bathe him with the hand soap. Of course I did not have a change of clothes so he remained in his birthday suit for 2 hours while I was at Bible study. He didn't care, but every person that saw him asked why he didn't have on any clothes so I had to explain myself and mention the fact that I forgot to put a change of clothes in the diaper bag. Since this is the second time this has happened (at church, might I add), you would think that I would remember to put in a onesie in the bag but I did not. After finally getting him a little cleaner I put him in the pack-n-play to sleep. I was sweating bullets when I sat down in my study. Whew.

When the study was over I am standing there with my naked baby talking to friends and he spits up mush all over the both of us and I do not have a burp cloth handy because it was by my car and I was trying to make my way back into the church because I had lost my keys in the poopy process.

So after a good washing when we get home and we both had lunch I headed to school (ONE mile away!!!!) to pick up Ella Ann. She was dressed in her ballet attire and Miss Heidi, the ballet teacher, called the girls out of the class one by one (they were lined up) and here came Ella Ann telling me how much she loved ballet and wanted to stay. They all looked so cute and her friend, Caroline, is in her class so that is a big plus! She had a ball at school today, loved staying for lunch and loved ballet the most.

So far the craziness of the day has subsided. I don't think I'll be venturing out anywhere this afternoon...I'm pooped! Love the pun, don't you?


Headed to school!




"Mommy, he's eating the grass!"


See Ella Ann peeking around the 2 girls in front of her?


With her friend, Caroline.


No comments: