Monday, September 07, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well as "sweet" as a rental home can be for the next 2 years! We are enjoying the new place and will hopefully continue to enjoy it for our time left in Atlanta because I am NOT, repeat N-O-T, moving AGAIN! You heard it here folks, no way, no how. I don't care if this places catches on fire...we will sleep on the ashes. I think our favorite thing about the house is the backyard. It is flat, big, enclosed, has sun, shade and soft grass! We have yet to live in a place that has a yard we can enjoy so this is the best! We are outside every day in it until the mosquito's have gnawed on our skin enough and we head indoors. We got in the car to go to Target Greatland (wahoo I live near a Greatland!) and after I parked Ella Ann asked, "Are we here?!?!" It took about 2 1/2 minutes to get to the parking lot and both of us were grinning from ear to ear because of the proximity to our house! I can also walk to Kroger, Publix, the gym (does anyone walk to the gym even if they could?), Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, Caribou Coffee, Einstein's Bagels (my parents will be thrilled about that one) and a few chain restaurants. Spencer and I both loathe living in the suburbs and we feel like we are because of how close we are to strip mall-type places but I will be the first to admit how nice it is to run out the door in between naps, go to a couple of places and not have to rush home for the next nap! I've always had to watch the clock and factor in the amout of time it will take me to get to and from the destination. A big downside, though, to this house is how close our bedrooms are together. I can jump from our bedroom into Rane's room and it would take me two jumps to get to Ella Ann's room. Rane wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes and cries for a bit for no reason and Ella Ann screams and yells all night every night (in her sleep) so I'm going to invest in a fan to drown them out. When Rane wakes up at 5:30 a.m. (he hasn't done that here yet), Spencer and I are up. Thankfully Ella Ann doesn't hear him because of her fan on high speed. I have also bought some space bags to put all the clothes in that are out of season so I can store them to take up less space, otherwise my clothes would be distributed in every closet in this house, i.e., not much closet space either. We do have covered parking (yeay!!!!), a nice kitchen and a playroom! So with all of that said, we are pretty happy here so far!

At the bottom of this post are some random photos. It was just easier to attach them to this post rather than create a new one. There is also a video of Rane crawling. He gets SO excited when he spots something (usually it is something he is not supposed to have, i.e., a shoe, remote, coffee cup, Ella the unicorn, etc.). He will get a huge grin on his face, pant like crazy and take off!

No the outside is not much to look at but for the most part all the houses in this neighborhood are 50s-style ranch. Beautiful.

As soon as you walk in the door from the carport you are standing in the laundry room and looking into the kitchen.


To the left of the kitchen is a room that we have set up as a playroom. It is so great to have that right off the kitchen because the kids can play while I cook AND I can see them!


If you keep walking through the kitchen you come into a large room that is our dining area and we have our desk in the corner. As you can see, the desk is Spencer's territory so of course it is not set up yet.


This is standing by the desk looking the other way. I was excited to put up all my pictures of our family and friends...although most of them are dedicated to Ella Ann.....Rane will get framed eventually! Poor second kid!

To the left of the kitchen table is our entry way. Left is our living room.

Living room. On the other side of the fireplace is the playroom.



Walk out of the living room through the entry way and down the hall are our bedrooms and a second bath at the end. Rane's room is the first door on the left, Ella Ann's is the second and we are across the hall on the right.



This is on the other side of the room from the window and crib.

The right side as you walk in the door.

I threw Ella Ann in the crib with Rane so she could entertain him while Spencer hung his curtains. Yes I am aware they are both filthy but we've been outside!



I had to buy a bookshelf for Ella Ann's room and put it in her closet. This has worked out well because it created more space for me to put toys too!


Her dollhouse is set up across from her bed. I hadn't hung her wall letters yet(I painted them pink!) so I didn't take a picture of her dresser, which is on the wall across from the foot of her bed.

Second bath.

Our room.


Yeah I didn't take a picture of the master bath because you are pretty much seeing ALL of it right now! It's teeny tiny, which is why I bought shelves to put on the side of our chest because there is no storage in there at all. I know, it's attractive.



The door to the back yard is in the dining area across from the desk.



Random pics begin.................



Spencer took this picture tonight because he thought it pretty much summed Rane up....knife-wielding! Spencer's so mean, he calls him a terrorist! Joking, of course, but he really is a menace....into everything, trying to pull all of our plugs, break the computer, shred anything, snatch anything...you get the idea. I really need a third eye to always watch the kid!

Spencer took the following pictures of Ella Ann tonight jumping off her playground. That's what she loves to do at the moment...jump off of everything. No injuries yet, but they're coming.


Pretty cool!


Lastly my video of Rane. He is after my camera case. Turn up your volume so you can hear him pant! Whew, this was a long post!


3 comments:

Jana said...

OK---I loved the long post and getting to see pictures of your new place. It looks really nice and you have it set up really well. Sorry you are having to be so creative with storage---I have something mounted on the wall in my bedroom for bath stuff too---so I feel you, but I guess you'd still rather be there because of how much quieter it is. Glad you are all moved and mostly settled and I'm looking forward to coming for a visit. The back yard looks really nice too!

Mandy said...

I love the video! He is too cute! Great pictures...I love the house. It looks SO nice and I LOVE your backyard! You will enjoy that so much. Enjoy the first week of preschool this week!! :)

Janelle said...

I LOVE this Katie!!! The house looks sooo nice and the yard is fantastic!