Friday, September 18, 2009

Dear 30,

even though I'm smiling, I hate you. You are just around the corner I know, but did you really need to starting wearing me down at the end of my 20s? Did you have to go there? You should have just let me finish out my glorious 20s without an attack on one of my senses. Shame on you.

After complaining about my blurry vision at times, I finally made an appointment to get my eyes checked last week only to find out I have an astigmatism in both eyes and now must wear glasses all the time. Just fabulous news. When I was trying on glasses the crazy optician was trying to convince me that I needed nose pads since I had such a narrow nose (I did not get them and they fit just dandy) because I would be wearing them all the time. Yeah, I wasn't aware of that. I looked at him like he had 4 heads and asked, "Are you serious? I am supposed to wear glasses ALL THE TIME? Nooooooo!" He didn't find the humor in it, probably because HE was wearing glasses. So here I am with my new look. I'm sure I will eventually get contacts but right now I'm going to kick 30 in the pants by at least having some stylish frames!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Ahhh...you look so cute! I love them. Can't wait to see ya'll tomorrow!

Janelle said...

YOu look great Katie! :)

Jana said...

Katie, they are very cute and make you look so astute. :) I would love to get the lasik surgery at some point, but until then contacts work well when I want to go without my glasses. You'll get used to them in time and if they help you to see clearer, eventually you won't want to go without them. But, I think the look suits you well.