Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Playing Around

We have just been packing up this week, playing outside and taking car loads of stuff to our new house. I have started back at my Wednesday morning Bible study this week too so that has been fantastic. I have really missed it this summer. Ella Ann had to go with me today since school hasn't started and she complained the entire time about going, even though I told her all of her buddies would be there. Of course when I picked her up she complained about having to leave....this has become our usual routine for going anywhere, I mean anywhere...to the grocery, Target, the new house, current home, church, etc. It is like pulling teeth to get her out of whatever costume she has on and into "normal" clothes and out the door. Seriously....like lying-on-the-floor screaming fits, crying in the car, fine by the time we get to wherever we are going and then I get, "Mommyeeeeeee, I don't WANT TO GO HOME!" Really? I'm over it. I have mentioned Rane hates the car too so I listen to him scream and then I have Ella Ann's fits of rage in the car. At this point I just let em' scream while I take deep breaths. So with that said we just stay home more so than usual. My Mom brought down Ella Ann's old "house" that she had when she was little. Rane loves it but what is so funny is that Ella Ann loves it more than him! She will sit on one side of the door and he will sit on the other and they will play and play. It has to be turned around a certain way so she is "inside" and poor Rane, he has to sit in the area that is "outside." She also slams the door in his face all the time...poor kid! Rane loves to stand up and hold on to the top of it, just like Ella Ann did. He refuses to bend at the hips and sit down so I have to sit and brace him so he won't fall backwards. It is very entertaining for the both of them...yeay!

I bought some cat food for Lucy so she's been around often. Ella Ann, unfortunately, can only watch her from the window because her eczema is so bad...I mean bad. It is the worst we have ever seen it and I know she is miserable. I did let her sit outside with her for a few minutes on Monday and that was a mistake because as soon as we came in the eczema was out in full force.

We are headed to Kentucky on Friday for a Jensen family gathering and we are really looking forward to it. Spencer and I will head back home on Sunday and the kids are going to stay with Gary and Gayla while we move on Monday. Ella Ann will be at my parents while Rane stays with them. I will get them back when I meet my parents in Tennessee on Thursday so lots and lots to do until then. I most likely will not be posting for a little while so stay tuned!

When I first saw Ella Ann stand beside the house I teared up because she is so old now. I remember so clearly when she was a little shorter than Rane when she would stand up against it and now look at my big girl!

Okay so Rane loves to roll. He will roll to get anywhere and everywhere, although he did take his first crawling "steps" 2 days ago and is doing it more and more each day so I think he'll learn soon that crawling is much easier. If I leave the living room I always have to find Rane when I return and he is often under the couch! He loves it!

Ella Ann took this picture.



Funny boy!

She loves sweet little Lucy.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

We're so excited to see you guys in a couple of days! I know you are anxious to move and put all of this behind you. :)
I have the same picture of Seth under the couch. He, too, was a roller and ended up under the couch all the time. So funny!
Have a safe trip!
Love,
Mandy