Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Friend & Feeding

Jana and Mara Kate drove down from Rome yesterday and spent the entire day with us! We had a fantastic time! The girls immediately embraced one another when they saw each other and never left each other's side for one minute all day! They just picked up where they left off, as did Jana and I! Jana and I still talk nearly every day via email, but we are never at a loss for a topic of conversation when we are together. I think the only time we stopped talking was when we were chewing our food at lunch! It was a very good thing Spencer had a meeting all afternoon and into the evening because he would have gone crazy with us chickens around! It was nice to be able to sit outside as well and let the girls run around in our backyard while Rane napped.

Rane enjoyed all the attention from Jana too! He was all smiles for her and tried very hard to play with the big girls but he was kicked out!

Photo courtsey of EA.

Growing up!

The girls blew bubbles outside. Ella Ann thought it was a good idea to pour an entire bottle into the back of her tricycle so it will be very clean for a very long time.

Ella Ann "reading" the Bible to Mara Kate!
Okay so Rane is just all boy. He tries to get out of anything and everything and does not like to be contained....even for a meal! He doesn't want to sit in a high chair or car seat. Fortunately he does enjoy riding in the stroller and I think that's only because I'm moving for him and he is entertained by all the sights and sounds! So I have never used the buckle for the high chair. Not even with Ella Ann. There is a little bit of a gap between the tray and Rane but not enough for him to get or anything..........
so I thought! Today I looked over at him and he was LEANING over the front of the tray while on his knees! That kid! What am I going to do with him? Use the buckle now, I guess!

And yes, I was so excited to bust out his new pair of BabyLegs this morning! It's too hot for them by the afternoon but he was nice and toasty at Bible study this morning!

No comments: