Monday, September 14, 2009

Mirror, Mirror


My blog is published! My friend, Andria, told me about a website that converts your blog into book form. The day she told me I went home and uploaded years 2006 and 2007 (it will only hold so many pictures) and immediately got started. I had so much fun doing this....it was my crack for 2 weeks straight! I worked on it at nap time and after the kids were in bed at night. I completely ignored Spencer while I worked on it because I was totally engrossed! You can add, delete, arrange, change, etc. each and every entry to your liking so I played around with everything and tried to get it exactly how I wanted it. I didn't realize how small the book was going to be until I had it in hand and it made the pictures super small inside so the next years I do (I will do all of them) I will make the book much larger. Often the program would hesitate on me or lock up a few times, which was frustrating and I made a few typos (yes I spellchecked) but they were not caught before I published it but all in all, I think I did a good job for my first time around! I am very proud of it and will gladly show it off to all who want to see it! ha! Ella Ann loves it because the years 2006-2007 are all about HER! We read it at night before bed and she thoroughly enjoys it. It was fun to look back and read about our lives a couple of years ago and seeing older pictures of Ella Ann. I can't wait to do 2008 and eventually '09!

Here is a peek inside.....






My favorite picture is on the back.
Of course, Jensen family, I'm bringing it to Hilton Head next week so you can take turns reading every single page! Just kiddin'!
On a side note, Ella Ann took the first picture since Spencer wasn't home!

3 comments:

Jana said...

so, so fun! I can't wait to look through it next time we get together.

Mandy said...

I can't wait to see it!! I definitely want to do it soon. I love the picture you showed of Ella Ann in pigtails...so cute! We can't wait till next week!

Janelle said...

Ohh! I love it!! I've been meaning to do this too.....which site did you use?