Sunday, May 31, 2009

Why? Why? Why?

I am a walking encyclopedia. Yes I am. According to Ella Ann I have the answer to everything, as does Spencer, so it is always, always, always why, why, why. Believe me when I tell you that I get a "Why?" question about every 5 seconds and that "Why?" is always followed by another "Why?" and another, and another, etc. Here is just a sample conversation with Ella Ann:

EA: "Why are you feeding Rane?"
Me: "Because he's hungry."
EA: "Why is he hungry?"
Me: "Because it's time for him to eat."
EA: "Why is it time for him to eat?"
Me: "Because he eats every 3 hours or so."
EA: "Why does he eat every 3 hours?"
Me: "Okay Ella Ann, no more why questions for now. Please do not ask me "why" for a little while."
You can guess the next word out of her mouth....
EA: "Why can I not ask why?"
Me: This is what is repeating in my head: BECAUSE I AM GOING TO PULL OUT ALL MY HAIR AND GO SCREAMING THROUGH THE NEIGHBORHOOD IF YOU DO!! THAT'S WHY! But being the nice, calm, very sweet mommy that I am I ever so gently tell her, "Because Ella Ann, I don't know why. :)

Bless her heart. I know she thinks that Spencer and I know everything and it is cute. She trusts us to know everything and be able to answer all of her questions. Now I will just pray that when she is a teenager we will have lots of deep, meaningful "Why?" conversations.

In other news Ella Ann is still testing her boundaries. I mean seriously testing them. She is in a spitting phase at the moment which is just adorable. Kidding. Yesterday Spencer walked in the living room to find Ella Ann hovering over Rane and spitting on his face. Sigh. Poor Baby Rane is all I can say about that and I'm sure you all are saying the same thing after reading that! Then just about 30 minutes after that he vomited profusely all over the rug, himself and me. He never threw up except for a little bit after that and has been fine all day so I don't know what was up with that. Scared me half to death.

Today we attended our church's spring picnic. It was a grand time and Ella Ann wore herself out. She was in bed by 6:30 p.m. Ahhhhh. I love early bed times!



Sweating to death at the picnic this afternoon!

Some fruit and a cupcake was all she would eat. She just wanted to play with all of her buddies!


Daddy giving her a big push!

Rane, Jana and I relaxed on the blanket!



Okay so I have the same picture of Ella Ann in pajamas just like the ones Rane has on in the pictures below but I cannot, for the life of me, find the picture of Ella Ann in my files so I will keep looking tomorrow and post them side by side. I love comparison pics!

Ella Ann wrestling with Rane!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I hope we are not to blame for the spitting thing, but it is definitely a possibility! :( Seth does it all the time and has for a few weeks. I KNOW how frustrating (and disgusting) it is. Great pictures. I just can't get over how big Rane is getting and how much he looks like you! :)

Love,
Mandy

Janelle said...

Oh girl, you know I feel you on the "why's"!! Cute pics, as always. :)