Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Week is Over?

So sad. My Mom came down on Tuesday and stayed with us until Saturday morning.....now she's gone...booo hooo. Boy it's so nice to have here here to help me and do fun things. She got here right when both kids got up from their naps so it was time to start playing....immediately! Mom had brought down our exersaucer and the jump-a-roo (too small for that right now) so we put Rane in it and he really likes it! He's at the age where he will only be happy for a few minutes at a time in one spot so we rotate: bouncy, floor, exersaucer, hold, repeat. That means I get nada done while he's awake! Dinner is really fun to try and prepare these days that's why I'm loving this new website I came across, http://www.crockpot365.com/. You must check it out! This woman cooked in her crock for 365 days and blogged about it so I've been utilizing her amazing recipes and we've enjoyed some really great (super easy) meals, snacks and desserts! Okay, back to my Mom's visit.....

Spencer worked on Tuesday and Thursday nights and went out with some friends on Friday night so it was wonderful to have some helping hands those evenings. Ella Ann had school on Wednesday morning and that day was her spring program. She did fantastic!! I couldn't believe she sat in her seat up front, sang and did all the hand motions! Wow, what a difference from her Christmas program where she saw me and immediately burst into tears and proceeded to cry the entire time she was up front and then ended in my lap! Mom and I waved to her up front and then after it was over she asked, "Why were you and Mimi waving to me?" I responded, "We thought you would like it." Her response: "I didn't want you too." Well, isn't she Miss Independent??

We headed to the mall for some quick shopping on Wednesday afternoon and had some buffalo chicken lasagna for dinner.....from the crock pot mind you! Man it was tasty! Dad, I will have to make it for you because you would love it!

On Thursday morning we went to the zoo and had a blast! Mom enjoyed seeing the animals and Ella Ann had even more fun when she ran into (literally) two of her friends from school, Mary Francis and Hannah! We walked around with them until it was time to leave and the girls were so cute...they held hands the entire time and laughed and laughed!! Once Spencer got home we had dinner outside at Fontane's, which is right down the street from our house and is one of our favorite hot spots. We had half-price peel-n-eat shrimp and crab legs and we were in heaven! It was soooo good! Spencer and I agreed that that was our last time eating out for a while because Rane just was not fun to have around at the restaurant. Mom, Spencer and I rotated holding him most of the time, mainly because he was ready for bed so going out to eat after 5:00 p.m. just isn't in the cards for us for a while. Sniff, sniff. :(

Friday we got up bright and early and walked down to get breakfast at Belly General Store because I knew Mom would love it and she did. After that it was time to play with Mimi (again!!!) and out for some more errands that afternoon. That evening we went to Anna-Kate's birthday party (her mom is my friend, Janelle). It was a pool party and Ella Ann couldn't have been more excited to FINALLY put on that new swimsuit that has been hanging in her closet for a month and hit the pool!! "Mommy I'm SO excited! I cannot wait until Anna-Kate's pool party!" This was what we heard all day Friday. Of course on the way she tells us, "Mommy, I'm going to get ALL the way in the pool and go underwater! I need some, ummmm, what are dose tangs called?? Mommy? Dose tangs on your face???" "Goggles Ella Ann," I replied. "Yeah, I need dose." We don't have any of "dose" I told her, knowing she wouldn't go underwater if her life depended on it even if she did have goggles! She took quite a while to warm up to even getting on the steps, not like Ella Ann at all, even when she saw Mara Kate bobbing around the pool with her water wings on. She finally got in all the way when I got in with her but she was right back on those steps with Mimi as soon as I let her go with the wings on. We're going to have to work on that! :)

We were so, so sad to see Mimi pull out of the driveway this morning. The days always pass to fast when she's here and we will all miss her. Thanks again, Mom, for ALL your help and all the fun times!!

I took a ton of pictures and again posted them to my Facebook account. Click HERE to view them. My Dad cannot view them at work so I posted a few below for his viewing pleasure. :)

Singing at her spring program on Wednesday.

Sporting the too-cute onsie that Emily, Katie, Laura and Andrea gave him! Thanks girls!

Mom helping Ella Ann and Mary Francis (her friend from school) look at the otters.

Hannah, EA and Mary Francis. They walked like this the whole time!

Playing on the deck.

Cuddling with the grandkids one morning!

Ella Ann is so serious with her new baby, Emma! The best part about the baby is she came with a paci!! Now maybe Ella Ann will leave Rane alone with his!

At Anna-Kate's pool party.


1 comment:

Carl Lewis said...

wwww.crockpot365.com is not the right web address. Learn to internet.