Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend

We had a fantastic weekend!! Spencer had both days off and his parents came down for a visit so it was great! I will begin by updating you all on Rane. I took him to his 4-month check up on Friday morning and he is a growing healthy little man! He weighs 14 pounds 5 ounces and is 26 inches long. He's in the 90th percentile for length, 50th for weight and 25th for head. He had a few shots but handled them very well. The pediatrician said I could drop his 9:30 p.m. feeding, which I knew was right and Spencer has been encouraging me to stop waking him up to eat because he doesn't need it but there was a huge fear in me that screamed, "What if he wakes up at 2 a.m.???" So I crossed my fingers that night, said a prayer that he wouldn't wake up and took some Benadryl (I have a sinus infection) and went to sleep. Ohhhh I didn't wake up until 6:50 a.m.! Wahooo he did it! What a good little boy! He's been going to bed at 6-6:30 p.m. and now will sleep until the next morning. It's so nice! Unfortunately my sinus infection has been keeping me up instead so it's not like I actually feel rested yet but at least I know I will when I feel better.

We also got the green light to start Rane on rice cereal so we tried that on Saturday morning. Well as you can see from the pictures and video below he wasn't too keen on it but I know it will take some practice! It's fun to do something new with him! Ella Ann kept telling me, "Stop it Mommy! He doesn't like it!"

The four of us walked down to Belly's General Store (a bakery) and had coffee and breakfast after we woke up on Saturday. It was so nice to get up and mosey down to the restaurant and enjoy time together. Everyone was happy and we had a good time. We came home and Ella Ann and Spencer planted her sunflower in a pot that she has been growing at school and then they left me along with Rane (who was napping) to run some errands. Glorious peace!! The Jensens arrived around 11:30 and we went to lunch next door at Taco Mac. After that Spencer and I hit the mall ALONE (again glorious!) while Nana and Papa kept the kids. We sat outside on the deck that afternoon and chatted while Ella Ann played on her playground and blew bubbles. We had dinner at Harry & Sons down the street. It's a great Thai restaurant that a friend of mine told me about and we really liked it...especially me! Thanks Megan!

My Mother's Day started off with a yummy cappuccino from the coffee shop next door and Spencer made me my favorite breakfast...an omelet! We all went to church and then said goodbye to Gary and Gayla. Kane and Jana invited us to eat barbecue with them for lunch so I threw caution to the wind and said yes! If you know me you know I am NOT spontaneous if I have kids in tow so I was proud of myself, as was Spencer, Kane and Jana! We had a wonderful lunch complete with lots of Happy Mother's Day wishes from people at the restaurant and a flower (I got one from church too!), great food and even better company! Thanks Kane and Jana for thinking of us! We had such a good time and look forward to doing that again before ya'll leave!

I plan on letting Spencer rub my feet tonight as part of my Mother's Day as well and running some errands by myself while the kids are awake! Such treats! :) My Mom will be here on Tuesday and is staying until the weekend so we will have a super fun week!!!!

Rane getting ready to chow!

Not too sure about it......


Playing I Spy with the grandparents.

Blowing bubbles with Papa.

Cuddling with Nana.

This is what Ella Ann looks like when she is telling a story....arms are always gesturing!

Yesssss....my amazing RAW plate! :) Tuna, red snapper, clams and salmon sashimi and some tuna rolls. It was sooooo good and so pretty that I had to take a picture! Gayla was sitting beside me and when she saw the bowl of sashimi she asked, "Is that fruit??" hehehehee!

Before church on Sunday morning.


The mommys at the restaurant!

I think Rane's starting to develop the same hairline as his Daddy!

Arent't they too cute!!???

Can you tell a really short person took the picture?? :) We will miss our little family in Atlanta when they move to Rome, Georgia this summer. I will shed many, many tears when they go but at least it's not TOO far and Jana and I will still see each other!!

No comments: