Sunday, May 03, 2009

Our Newest Physician & Other News

Yes we have a new doctor in the family, a Little Doctor Jensen that is! My dear friends, Laura, Andrea, Katie and Emily gave Rane this adorable pair of scrubs when they came down in March for a visit. They finally fit! I've been secretly waiting around for Spencer to come home in his scrubs (he usually wears a tie but if he works on Sundays he wears scrubs) and stay in them because I KNOW he would never, ever simply change into them for this photo op! I cornered him in the dining room this morning and pleaded my case so he would oblige! Spencer is making me include a disclaimer saying "this was not his idea and he did NOT want to do this" but I told him his mother would love it and my friends will just be giddy! :) So here you go girls!!! I absolutely love them and if he hadn't spit up all over himself after I took these pictures I would've paraded him around the Virginia Highlands this afternoon!! I'll save that for another day!

P.S....Craig, I look forward to your comment! :)

I can already hear ya'll squealing, "Ohh my goodness, he's precious!" Yes, I agree! hahahaa!

The little doc already needs a new pair of scrubs, only because he was the one who dirtied himself!

I'm lovin' it!

My sweet friend, Andria, gave Ella Ann a t-shirt from Guatemala for her birthday because they had recently gotten back from visiting that country. She had also kindly bought one for little Rane and now he is big enough to wear this as well! Thanks Andria!!!!!!

Rane is just dying to eat Ella Ann's fingers!

Rane finally found his thumb yesterday but he really doesn't know what to do with it once he gets it in his mouth because he gags! I think Ella Ann taught him on the sly! :)

I missed him sucking his thumb by a half-second so in this picture he was trying to get his entire hand in his mouth, which is a usual occurrence!

Yesterday morning we drove up to Alpharetta to go to a birthday party for one of Ella Ann's little buddies, Gerrick. His mom, Rebecca, and I have become good friends through our playgroup at church. We had a great time at the party, especially Ella Ann! I actually managed to get her to try one bite of pizza (her first ever). I told her that she couldn't have any cake unless she tried one bite....it was an easy one! She then proceeded to eat two huge pieces of cake since that was the only lunch she had!

She was the one and only child who avoided the pizza!

Her good friend, Diego, was also there so she hung out with him the entire time.

Singing "Happy Birthday" as they patiently waited for the cake.

The birthday boy!

Ahhhhh cake!!! I love this picture of her. She is really turning into a little girl and gone are the toddler days. Sniff, sniff....

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Rane is PRECIOUS in the scrubs, I love them! :)

Jana said...

Cuteness! Love the scrubs!!

Mandy said...

I LOVE the scrub pictures! He is so cute (and looks JUST like you)!!! I know Spencer was proud, even though he would never admit it. We can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!