Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mom's Hands

My Mom drove down on Wednesday to stay with the kids and I while Spencer was off vacationing, I mean "working," in New Orleans for three days. I was so thankful she was able to come because I had to take Spencer to the airport early Thursday morning and pick him up on Saturday evening plus I would have been all alone with Ella Ann and Rane for 3 solid days...yikes! The kids were so happy to see their Mimi and vice versa!

My Mom helped me out tremendously around the house and I even told Spencer today that she was more of a help to have around than him! Don't worry, he acknowledged that fact! We had a blast together and did a few fun things, like eat at our favorite restaurant, Nuevo Laredo Cantina where mom chowed on lobster tacos and I tackled their massive taco salad! Yum! It is a perfect place, too, to take our kids because they both like Mexican food and the atmosphere is so entertaining that Mom and I could actually, somewhat, enjoy our meals! We went to the mall while Ella Ann was at school on Friday morning and we were the Mystery Readers before dismissal that day too. Ella Ann nearly burst with excitement at her Mimi being the class Mystery Reader, much better than me! On a side note, when I walked in the door her teacher, Mrs. Elaine, informed me that, "Ella Ann told me that her Grandpa calls her Mimi 'babe' and her 'tootsie!"' I couldn't believe Ella Ann told her teacher that..... SO funny!

We also went to the DeKalb Farmer's World Market one day as well to browse around all the exotic foods and make some fun purchases. I could honestly write an entire post about how I adore the Farmer's Market but I will spare you for the time being. We also checked out the Oak Grove Market (thanks Bobbi Jo for telling us about it!!) on Saturday for lunch. It is a deli/grocery very close to where we live that will take you back to the 50s with their meat, deli, and hot food counter, along with their array of homemade desserts. It was so fun! The highlight, though, of yesterday was Ella Ann getting to see her best friend, Mara Kate! The Barker's were in town for a baby shower that morning and stopped by for a visit that afternoon. While Rane took a nice long nap Jana, Mom and I chatted, Kane graded papers and the girls blissfully played nonstop! The girls were so excited to see each other and to watch them play together and interact you would think they were sisters. It is a precious relationship, as I have blogged about before. Anyway, after that we headed to Richard's Variety Store for some fun and then next door to Trader Joe's.

We were so happy to see Spencer and we really missed him. He brought Ella Ann home a "real" necklace and she has yet to take it off! So sweet. We were sad to see Mimi go home but we will be seeing her again very soon! Thanks again, Mom, for everything!

Mom reading to Ella Ann (note, this was probably her 4th wardrobe change out of the 25 for that day).

Playing at breakfast.

Rane is such a lover boy and if you have ever been around him at all you can vouch for me!


Good picture of mom, not so good of the kids.

Mimi bouncing her babies!

The girls are always in princess costumes when they get together at our house!

He loved playing in Spencer's empty suitcase this morning.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Lots of fun pictures of the kids with their Mimi. So nice that your mom came down to help out and keep you company. I enjoyed visiting with you both! And, I love the pics of the girls dressed as princesses, AS USUAL! So thankful they get along so well and love each other so much!