Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

We are enjoying our Valentine's day together thus far today. Spencer had to work this morning and I taught Children's Church so we have been a little busy. I made the kids' oatmeal this morning pink with a heart in it and cut out Ella Ann's cheese for lunch in the shape of hearts. Now I have to figure out what I can cut into a heart for her for dinner since she won't eat bread! Hmmmm. After eating her heart cheese Ella Ann said to me, "Mom, you are the best! The BEST!" Awwww. All for making her food heart-shaped. I think it also could have been the fact that I told her she could have a piece of her pink Valentine's Day cake after she finished her lunch. Whatever, I appreciated it none the less. So we made our strawberry cake with strawberry icing in honor of the holiday yesterday. All I needed was an excuse to bake a cake! I let Ella Ann decorate it all by herself.

Once we got home from church we gave Ella Ann and Rane their V-Day gifts and I gave Spencer his. I received some beautiful pink roses (Spencer said they were for Ella Ann too, hence the reason for pink) and Ella Ann gave Spencer a pink rose as well. We stopped on the way home from church to buy him a rose and she picked out the color so at least my bouquet matches! We will either go out to eat sushi or pizza tonight or order in. Considering it IS Valentine's Day I think my choice will win!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Rane got in on the icing action and loved it! Ella Ann did too, as you can see from her pink mouth in the background!

She wanted to put Christmas nerds (????) on the cake so I told her she could put some in a corner and that would be her piece.



When I went to Richard's Variety Store last week to purchase the gifts I saw this head massager and I immediately HAD to buy it for Spencer because he is always asking me to scratch his head! Now he can do it himself! (We are getting a camera as our V-Day gift to each other, so no I'm not that cheap!)

We all liked it, especially Rane! It sends chills down your body so I'm sure that's what is making him smile. So cute!


Playing Barrel of Monkeys. Remember that game??
sShe needed some help from Daddy.
'

1 comment:

Jana said...

Glad you all had a fun family day! We had a great day too!!