Tuesday, February 02, 2010

We Are UP.....

On two feet! Rane's newest trick is to stand unassisted. He has taken a couple of steps for Spencer late last week but none since. Rane will pull himself up on anything and everything and then let go. He looks around the room to make sure all are watching as he smiles SO big....and then falls flat on his rear. It is adorable. He gets so proud of himself each time he stands. He does it about 40 times a day and it never gets old for him....or us!

He also says "Ohhhhhhh nooooooooooo" often these days. You don't get the full effect of this statement unless you actually hear him say it. It sounds just like me and my voice inflection. Maybe because I say it to him countless times per day. Rane also loves to throw....everything. Such a boy. We keep giving him balls and he will launch them. It is such fun for him to watch the ball he threw bounce across the floor. He is a cutie pie and a half! But you already knew that, right?

We have started listening to classical music each afternoon we are home and until bedtime. We all enjoy it, especially the kids. Ella Ann adorns herself in an array of princess costumes and will exclaim, "Mommy! I am (insert name of princess)! Look at me dancing at the ball! (She is tossing her massive skirt up in the air and twirling as she says this.) This is what Cinderella dances to! Where is my prince (Spencer)?" Since we have started this ritual, Rane has picked up dancing, i.e., bouncing his rear up and down while he stands and swaying back and fourth. Honestly, the music seems to calm everyone down at the hardest part of the day and we (usually) have a very nice, relaxing dinner. Ahhhhh....the power of music! ha!

I am headed to Kentucky tomorrow with the kids so you will not hear from us via the blog until we return, fully loaded with pictures!

Another standing shot.

My parents gave us Super Mario Brothers for Christmas. Spencer and I finally beat it 2 nights ago...we love it! Ella Ann and Spencer have played about 3 times in the evening and she really likes it. She is glued to the screen just like Spencer in this picture. It is addicting! I never thought I would ever have Nintendo thumbs again in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New here,

I'm spending my time here for the kids of Haiti.

I'm here for a non-profit group that is dedicated to
building an oppurunity for the children in haiti. If anyone here wants to help then this is the site:

[url=http://universallearningcentre.org]Donate to Haiti[/url] or Help Haiti

They give children in Haiti a positive outlook through education.

And yes, they're real.

Please give