Monday, August 04, 2008

A Weekend With the Girls

This past weekend Ella Ann and I went to Tennessee so I could spend time with 4 of my best friends/sorority sisters that I see about once a year. Emily lives in Tennessee and the other girls live in Kentucky so meeting in the middle was great. I left Friday morning and drove to Zach and Mandy's house and met up with Gary and Gayla, since they were keeping Ella Ann for the weekend. After naps we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's, which was fun! Ella Ann had never been and I grew up going to Showbiz and was excited to take her. She loved it! Carter and Seth had been before and Carter kept asking to go about 100 times before we left! We only stayed for about an hour because that's about all the adults could stand!
After that I drove to Emily's house and the other girls arrived later that evening. We had such a good time together catching up! We stayed up late Friday night talking over good food and drinks that Emily had made and we did a mini celebration of Andrea's birthday that was at the end of last month. On Saturday we did a ton of shopping. I had to wear Laura's tennis shoes just to keep up with them! I was absolutely pooped by the end of the day. We stopped at an awesome pizza parlor on our way home and chowed down! Emily, Laura, and Katie still had enough energy to go downtown and hit the hot spots....Andrea and I did not! We fell asleep while they were getting ready, but woke up to drive them downtown. Andrea and I went to pick up Ella Ann Sunday morning and then we brought her back to Emily's house so the girls could see her. It was a whirlwind weekend but worth every second! I miss the girls already and I know Ella Ann misses our family!
I took a lot of pictures at Chuck E. Cheese's, but not with the girls. There weren't many photo opportunities with all that shopping!

Playing skiball at Chuck E. Cheese's. All three of them just threw the ball and it maybe hit the holes but it was usually launched over to another row!

She was hitting this figure in the car because she wanted him out!

This was a game I remembered playing when I was a kid!

Seth enjoyed all the rides too!

Ella Ann rode this race horse that jerked her all around...she loved it!

Andrea blowing out her candles on the cookie cake Katie made.

Eating pizza Saturday night. Laura, Andrea, me, Katie, and Emily.

One last picture with Laura and Andrea. Katie and Emily just woke up and passed on the photo!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Looks like you all had fun! What a nice break for you!

Carter and Seth loved having Ella Ann here for the day! I'm sorry I missed it.

Love,
Mandy