Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Project

Both Saturday and Sunday Spencer had to work from noon until 8. Unfortunately, he had to spend what little time he had at home putting together our new patio furniture. It took forever but luckily he had 2 amazing helpers! A pregnant wife and a 2 1/2-year-old! I do have to admit, though, I put the umbrella stand together all by myself! Ella Ann just wanted to carry around the little wrenches that came in the boxes and hand them to Spencer about a million times! That afternoon Ella Ann and I just ran a few errands. I went to Michael's and got her a ton of dinky craft stuff so she can do arts and crafts to her hearts content at home now. The scissors (safety ones) were her favorite thing ever! By the time she was finished with her project she had made what looked like a frayed rug out of a piece of construction paper! She was SO proud of herself! She also loved the glue stick. At one point I caught her rubbing it on her lips because she thought it would double as her chapstick too!

On Sunday morning Spencer finished putting the furniture together and then we went to relax at Starbucks and enjoy some coffee before we headed to church. Last night I recorded "Peter Pan" for Ella Ann and we're going to watch it this afternoon. I'll pop some popcorn and we'll enjoy a girls afternoon in! Since Spencer said he hated to miss out on the fun we may have a repeat showing tomorrow night!

Daddy's little helper! He was NOT happy that this furniture took so long to put together!

"Here ya go Mommy!"

Ahhhh...it's finished! Now I think we're going to have to buy a cover for all of it because it sits under a tree that goes through our deck and drips red stuff all over it.

Ella Ann cutting away! I can't tell you how many times I heard "Look Mommy!!!!"

Ella Ann before church this morning in her pretty new dress that Grandpa and Mimi gave her.

A shorter version of my old haircut from the front....

and back. You really can't tell what it does look like because Spencer refused to take the time to take a good picture this morning!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Cute hair! You both look pretty!