Sunday, August 17, 2008

So It's Root, Root, Root For?

On Friday my parents came down for a visit and to take Spencer and I to a Braves game on Saturday night. All of us are St. Louis Cardinals fans but the Braves were playing the Giants and Spencer, Dad, and Mom still sported their Cardinals t-shirts and Dad kept shouting "Go Cards!!" when the Braves would score. I'm sure the people around us thought he had dementia!

They got here late afternoon on Friday and brought down Ella Ann's new bed and dresser. Now I am finally able to get her room all set up....pictures will be posted soon! She can't seem to get enough of her new bed! She won't get out of it! We have to sit on it to play, talk, do puzzles, sing, and everything else! Ella Ann really enjoys having one of us, including my parents, sit or lay on the bed with her. She gets really mad when you try to get off of it! The 5 of us walked across the street that evening to a really good bar/oyster house to enjoy some half price crab legs and peel-n-eat shrimp. Well, Spencer, Mom, and I did....Dad and Ella Ann are allergic so they bonded over tater tots.

Saturday was also filled with activities. Of course my parents had to stock up at Trader Joe's that morning, then we went to Atlantic Station to do a little shopping and stopped to eat lunch at The Varsity. Okay so this is a famous landmark in Atlanta and in the 3 years that Spencer and I have been living here we have yet to eat there, mainly because we just didn't want to. However, my parents really wanted to go so off we went. My parents thought it was just dandy, Spencer and I.....not so much! :) We were, though, glad to have finally eaten at The Varsity just to say we've been there. Ella Ann did enjoy it because she got to eat french fries and wear a funny hat!

Ella Ann had her first experience with a babysitter (that we paid) Saturday evening while we went to the ballgame. We had never met the sitter, even though we go to church together, so I was a little nervous about leaving her. Well I don't know why I even bothered worrying because as soon as "Miss Kate" arrived (I had talked her up all day) Ella Ann was literally pushing me out the door saying, "GO MOMMY!" Kate said she did great and they had a good time together. In fact Ella Ann asked for her when she woke up!


The game was so much fun, even though none of us could've cared less about it! We had awesome seats, enjoyed good ballpark food, and great weather. Spencer and I split a massive dish of cookie dough ice cream that was fannnnntastic! Unfortunately we witnessed a couple of sad events, the first one being an older woman about 10 rows in front of us had gotten nailed in the mouth with a baseball and was bleeding everywhere and the second one being her poor husband following her with the EMTs up the steps and passing out. The last Braves game we went to Spencer had to help a girl that had passed out in the concession stand line....we think she was just drunk though. :) Anyway, it was a great night out with adults and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks again Mom and Dad for a fun weekend!


Lovin' the new bed as soon as it was put up! She refuses to get rid of the purple pillow which doesn't even match her room anymore! Oh well.



Shopping at Atlantic Satation. Ella Ann insisted on bringing her purse, phone, and "credit cards" with her just like her Mimi and Mommy!

These two silly kids. Do they belong to me????


Now this one I can excuse because of her age. :)

Before leaving for the game.

I remembered to take one picture right before we left. It's a good one, though!

5 comments:

Andria said...

Fun post! Ella Ann's bed looks like a big, princess bed - so cute! I'm glad to hear she enjoyed Kate. Diego is crazy about her - we had her come babysit last-minute on Friday night and Diego was thrilled.
Glad you had a fun weekend with your parents and at the game.
See ya soon!
xoxo

Andria said...

Fun post! Ella Ann's bed looks like a big, princess bed - so cute! I'm glad to hear she enjoyed Kate. Diego is crazy about her - we had her come babysit last-minute on Friday night and Diego was thrilled.
Glad you had a fun weekend with your parents and at the game.
See ya soon!
xoxo

Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun weekend! I bet it was nice to enjoy a night out. I'm glad Ella Ann did so well with the babysitter. Ella Ann looks so big in her bed! I can't wait to see it! We're excited about the weekend...can't wait to see all of you!
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

You should be ashamed of yourselves for not having been to the Varsity before now! To think you call yourselves Atlantans - for shame! The next time, you'll have to order a FO just for me. I'm not even going to address your cheering for the Cardinals. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. Danielle

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bed! So perfect for your little girl :) That's so sad about the woman..and what an odd double-emergency!