Saturday, June 26, 2010

WaterWorks 2010

Yesterday was our last day at WaterWorks, a.k.a VBS, at our church. Ella Ann did fantastic each day (we missed Monday since we were at my parent's house) and had zero trouble with me leaving her in the sanctuary each morning with all the kids while I headed over to a different building to handle the snacks for the morning. She had SO much fun and she really enjoyed "visiting" me during snack time and each day she would yell over to me, "Mommy! I am having SO MUCH FUN!" I was thrilled she was having a blast because I figured we would have a rough go of it since this would be her first year without Mara Kate. She asked each day if Mara Kate was going to be there so I know she missed her terribly but she really had a great time with all of her other friends including her twin, Anna-Kate. I say "twin" because when Janelle, her mom, and I talk about the girls we feel like we are talking about the same kid. Both are very independent, strong-willed, always want to wear a dress or a skirt, t-shirts are a no-no, a bow is often mandatory and, of course, they are attached to their Mama's hips! Ella Ann told me she played with Anna-Kate every day and had so much fun with her. It was fun to watch her during the closing assembly because she would cheerfully sing all the songs and attempt all the motions. I would get Rane out of the nursery so he could run around and listen to the music as well, which he really liked.

I really enjoyed the week as well because I got to chat with my friends for 3 solid hours, Ella Ann was having a good time with her friends and Rane was well taken care of in the nursery (and did very well all week may I add). Being that I was on the snack committee I was in the same room as the adult snack table so I thoroughly enjoyed eating good food all morning long! I didn't get to spy on Ella Ann much because I was busy with the snacks but I did take a few pictures of her one day.
Working on her craft with Natalie.

Sitting with her class.....I was spotted so she is mid-"Mommy!!!"

Concentrating on the hand motions.

Sitting with Anna-Kate outside.

Lining up for kickball. I stayed to watch to see if she would actually participate and when it was getting close to her turn to kick she snuck out of the line and sat on the sidelines. It's okay, I never enjoyed sports either!

She was so excited to see me at snack time! I will be sad when the day comes when it's not cool to see Mommy.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Ahhh, AK talked about EA all week too. :) Need to get a couple of these pics from you! As I was in the nursery some, I"ll say Rane did awesome all week! I love the time to reconnect during vbs with my friends--and I love that my kids are becoming closer with their church friends. :)
And yes...twins for sure. LOL