Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fernbank

Yesterday Ella Ann and I had a last minute mommy/daughter date. Spencer was home glued to the television watching the World Cup all day so while he kept Rane I took Ella Ann to Fernbank Science Museum. We had been once before when I was pregnant with Rane and ever since then she has been asking to go back. Honestly, it really wasn't THAT fun so I couldn't understand why in the world she wanted to go back! A couple of weeks ago I got a "Welcome to the neighborhood" packet....ummmm, like almost a year late, that had a bunch of coupons in it, one that was a free child's admission to Fernbank. Well that was Ella Ann's golden ticket!

She was so excited to go and she was excited that it was just us girls for the morning. I am glad we decided to go on a Saturday because the museum was all parents and children, unlike last time when we went during the week and it was quite boring, and they had all kinds of fun things to do for the kids. As soon as we got there she received a dinosaur tattoo and we played dino tic-tac-toe. After that we headed for their newest exhibit of geckos. Wow, it was super neat! We saw every kind of gecko lizard on this earth! I didn't realize there were so many different kinds and Ella Ann and I had a great time looking at them and reading about each one.

A very fun thing for Ella Ann that we got to do was sit in on a musical show. Mr. Gregg's Musical Madness was playing on Saturday so for 30 minutes Ella Ann was singing and shaking it like it was her job right down front! Mr. Gregg won the parent's choice award for his newest cd, so of course I was suckered in to buying it for her. He had a bag full of instruments, all kinds of silly songs to sing and funny things to say to all the kids. At the beginning of the show he asked all the kids to come down front to help him sing. I figured Ella Ann would give me that shy look and say she didn't want to go down there but I don't even think he was done with his sentence before she was bolting down the isle to get down there! I was so proud of her! She had a blast!

After that we explored a few more exhibits and then did a couple of dinosaur arts and crafts in the children's area before we headed home for lunch. Ella Ann really had a good time and I had fun just watching her learn and spending some one-on-one time with her.
Outside Fernbank.

Getting her tattoo.

Singing and dancing with Mr. Gregg.

No comments: