Monday, June 07, 2010

Silence

Sorry for our blog silence as of late. We have had an eventful week last week and Spencer was in Toccoa all weekend with the computer so I was out of touch (how do I survive??). Anyway, after we got back from Destin I had to go back to my dentist to have my root canal, that I had about 3 weeks ago, completed. Man, it is the worst! I have to go back again two more times and after that I will be the proud new owner of a lovely crown. It sure is exciting to get old! I blame it all on my babies. They say that being pregnant sucks all the calcium out of your body so hence the teeth problems. Ohh well, they are worth a root canal any ole' day!

My best friend, Jana, who is in every sense of the word to me a sister, had her second little girl, Evelyn, this past Friday. It was all great immediately after the birth and then she started showing some serious problems. To make a long story short, she was diagnosed with Persistent Pulmonary Hypertensive Newborn (PPHN) disorder and her heart was a big problem as well. To get the complete story read Jana's blog. She was transferred to the NICU at Egleston, a hospital right by my house, Friday night. Jana followed with her mom (Kane came with Evelyn) on Saturday. I met them at the hospital Saturday afternoon to see Jana and mainly just give her a hug. I haven't heard from Jana today but as of yesterday Evelyn was taken off the ventilator and was breathing on her own! God is so amazing and we have watched Him work a miracle in little Evelyn. She was barely alive when she arrived at Egleston so to have her already off the ventilator can only be attributed to God's healing hand and to that we are so grateful! To watch Kane and Jana suffer through all of this has been heart wrenching. I want nothing but the best for them and of course wanted them to be able to take home their healthy baby from the hospital after she was born. Unfortunately that didn't happen and they may be in Atlanta for a little while. I am happy to be so close to the hospital to be able to help out in any way possible.

So with that said, I have been a little busy! I have zero pictures for you, sorry, but I should be taking some boring ones soon....since we lead such exciting lives around here and all! Ella Ann starts swim lessons this afternoon and they will be 4 days this week and 4 days next week. She is SO SO SO excited!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Thanks so much for all of your love, support and helping hands that met some of our practical needs while we were in Atlanta. You are a dear friend! Thanks also for your many prayers for our sweet Evelyn---it is SOOOOO good to have her finally HOME!! We'll catch up soon! Let me know when you want to come to Rome.