Saturday, January 24, 2009

On Our Own

My Mom left us in tears on Saturday morning and we were left to fend for ourselves from now on. Sniff...sniff. I think we can manage, though! I am looking forward to getting into a new routine with the kids and resuming our usual activities, including school, Bible study, and playdates. It will feel good to feel "normal" again. Our meals from church, thankfully, start on Sunday and we are really looking forward to that...especially me since I won't have to cook for a while! Yippeeee!

The weather has been nice here lately so while my Mom was here we ventured out and about in the new ride (see below). I'm loving the double stroller, although I feel like I'm trying to navigate a bus through a mole hole at times! I still haven't figured out how you are supposed to open a door to a store, home, restaurant, etc. AND push the massive thing through...maybe some nice soul will have mercy on me and open doors for us! We went for a couple of walks and got ice cream....Ella Ann's new favorite is a strawberry ice cream cone topped with rainbow sprinkles! Boy was she grinning from ear to ear with that thing yesterday! She is such a clean child...probably the only kid I know who can take 30 minutes to eat an ice cream cone and not spill a drop! I know, I know....I have it in for me with a little boy! At least I have one child that is a neat/clean freak like myself! We also swung by the playground for Ella Ann to play a little while on our way back to the house. We bundled Rane up even though it was 65 degrees! He looked so cute!

I have to give myself a pat on the back because I got Rane, Ella Ann and I dressed, fed and out the door by 8:50 this morning to head to church. Spencer had to work this morning but did manage to make it to church and help me home. All went very smoothly and I was proud I made it out alone, easily, for the first time! Yeay!

Well that's really about it. We sure enjoyed having my Mom stay with us for a week and we'll miss her a ton. Ella Ann did NOT want her to go! Thanks again, Mom, for driving down here and taking such good care of our family and our house AND sleeping on an air mattress for an entire week!!!! Thanks, too, Dad for sharing Mom! We love you!

Off to school.....

Rane checking out Ella Ann....he's always watching her, in fact he probably sleeps with one eye open! :)


Sibling bonding!

Awwww!


I couldn't resist! He looks like an Eskimo!


The new ride! We all love it!



Sweet Jana made these beautiful door signs as a gift for the kids. They match perfectly and we love them! Thanks SO much Jana!!!!


Can you believe she painted the ballerina????


I will post pics of the nursery as soon as I get some things on the wall, but his sign matches his bedding. Very cute!!!!

I frothed Ella Ann's milk this morning and you should have seen the joy on her face! She said to me, "I'm drinking a cappuccino!!! I want one everyday!" Me too, Ella Ann, me too. She also insisted that she use one of my small coffee spoons so she could eat the foam! I've created a monster!


Spencer snapped this picture of us napping this afternoon. I think he kinda looks like me...or maybe I'm just willing him to resemble me!

4 comments:

Jana said...

After seeing your baby picture, I'm starting to think he looks like you too! :) So sweet, the napping picture!

Glad you like the door signs. I think they look cute on each of their doors!

Ruth Cox said...

you are gorgeous awake AND asleep! and what precious pictures of your 2 lovelies! I can't wait to hold that bundle that joined your household! And I'm very impressed you got out alone with 2 already! way to go.

Janelle said...

Sweet pics....the last is precious!

Enjoy your time off of no cooking. :)

Mandy said...

I'm so proud of you for napping!!! You deserve it! Great pictures...looks like things are going so good. I can't wait to talk to you later this week!
Love,
Mandy