Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Two Kids?

Wow, we have KIDS now! ha! I have to admit that life with two, so far, has been easy going....well, maybe that's because I've had helping hands since I got home from the hospital! Rane is a breeze and I'm praying that it lasts and it's not just a newborn thing. He is a fantastic eater...keeps me tied to the couch every two hours on the dot but I think he's ready to go some feedings with 2.5 hours in between. At night I am up only two times and he goes right back to sleep. He usually wakes again between 6 and 7:30. It's really not bad! Ella Ann has eased up on her hovering and dearly loves her little brother. She is quite a big help to me and loves to fetch me things when I am occupied feeding Rane and enjoys watching me change his diaper and his clothes. I let her pick out what he wears for the day and she always helps give him a washcloth bath.

I had their picture made yesterday morning by a friend from church who took Ella Ann and Mara Kate's pictures last year at Piedmont Park when they turned two. Ella Ann loves Bobbi Jo so she was very cooperative and we all had a good time. Bobbi Jo gave us a sneak peak of the photos so HERE is the link to view them.

Also here are some pictures from our week so far with Mimi:

Mom brought Ella Ann a tea set and as soon as she opened it she put up her animals at the table and we helped her get it all set up! Now all she wants to do is "go have coffee!"


And to top it all off she put on Belle yesterday and had tea! Now that's a princess!!!!


Our dear friends, Emily and Paul, sent us some YUMMY chocolate covered strawberries! Aren't they so pretty? I had to take a picture of them so Spencer could see them all nice and pretty before I tore into them!




Some friends of my family sent Ella Ann this adorable outfit (you cannot see the coordinating belt and flowers on her pockets) and Rane an outfit for when he is a little older. I took a picture of her when she got home from school this afternoon because she looked so cute...too bad she decided not to give me a cute smile! :)






Some rare cuddle time with Rane.



Lunch with Mimi.


He sure loves the paci already and Ella Ann is on constant paci police duty and is obsessed with shoving it in his mouth 24/7! We now put them up high in his closet so she cannot 1) reach them and 2) suck on them herself which we have found her doing!



He's almost 2 weeks old!


2 comments:

Janelle said...

Isn't it an interesting realization that you have kidS? :) He is GORGEOUS!!! Pics are precious, and you look fantastic!

Mandy said...

Great pictures!! I am so jealous of the strawberries...that is my all-time favorite treat! :) Rane and Ella Ann look adorable and I know you'll do great with 2 kids, even after all your "help" leaves! :)

Love ya!