Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Good Week

Well we are back to our usual routines...thank goodness! We managed to get out and about every single day and I am proud to say I have conquered the grocery with 2 kids! Rane is still doing great...no crying and he's up only 1 time at night! Yeay! He started smiling and cooing earlier this week and it's soooo cute! He's so different from Ella Ann and I expected everything to be exactly like it was with her, i.e., frequently up at night, spitting up..err...vomiting on me like crazy, and feeling like my world was collapsing! Fortunately I haven't experienced any of that..yet! Ella Ann is back to her old self and I have figured out how to successfully feed Rane while still sitting on the floor playing with Ella Ann and her beloved doll house.

Papa and Nana also came down this weekend for a quick visit. They got up beyond early Saturday morning and drove down here to see us. While they spent some quality time with the kids, Spencer went to watch a ballgame and I made it to the gym...alone! We ordered in dinner Saturday evening and mainly just sat around and enjoyed each other's company. They went to church with us this morning and left after that. We will see them again soon so it was an easier goodbye. Ella Ann sure enjoyed having them here because of the extra attention she received!


A friend from church took pictures of the kids last week. HERE is the link to view them if you haven't seen them already.


Here are some pictures from our week:

Rane's favorite sleeping position...sprawled out like a cat in the sun!

I bought this sling in hopes of carrying him around in it so I could run errands a little easier with two kids. Well after watching a very complicated video on how to operate it and several efforts of putting Rane in it only to have him scream because he hated it I took it to Ruth's house (queen of slings) on Friday to have her show me how it works. Well duhh...I was doing it sooo wrong! Now when I put him in it he's as happy as a clam...and pretty darn cute may I add!

Rane is ALWAYS arching his back until he forms a backwards "C". It's hard to tell from the picture, but he's doing it. He also folds his little hands under his chin while doing this move and I could swear he's posing!

Relaxing on the rug in his room. His Aunt Mandy gave him this adorable outfit and it was the very first boy item of clothing I received...way back this summer. It's hard to believe he's here and already wearing it!


Playing with Papa on Saturday....

Nana getting her grandchild fix...


Before church on Sunday.



4 comments:

Mandy said...

Supermom! I can't believe you are getting out every day. That is awesome! I'm so jealous of you though...maybe with #3 I'll finally have a "good" baby. I'm not getting my hopes up though... :)

Have a great week!
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Jana Barker's niece, Alley Branson. I just wanted to say I love reading your blog and seeing your pictures. Your kids are sooo cute!

Jana said...

Great Post! Lot's of fun pictures. I am glad you figured out a way to use the sling in a way that Rane enjoys too. :) He is such a cutie and already growing and changing!

Janelle said...

Such cute pics and way to go Mama getting out and about so quickly!!