Friday, December 05, 2008

Sweet Suprise

My very sweet husband surprised me last night and took me to The High Museum to see The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra perform "Handel's Messiah." I knew about the date itself because it was my birthday present, but I didn't know what we would be doing. Spencer just told me to dress up, which was not hard for me because I miss getting all dolled up for a night out so I was all about that! Fortunately my dear friend, Megan, has given me all her beautiful maternity clothes to wear during my pregnancy so that is why I have such a pretty dress on...I can't take credit for it! :)

Jana came over at 7 to keep Ella Ann while we went out. I figured out that we were going to The High when we started getting closer but I still didn't know what was there until we walked inside. The ASO is only performing "Handel's Messiah" 2 times this week and that's it for the entire year, so I was thrilled to be one of the lucky few that got to experience it! It was amazing! Such a moving experience! The theater was really pretty and decked out for Christmas and the choir and orchestra wore all black so it was very neat....not to mention the fact that the performance was outstanding and something I will never forget!!!!

Thank you, Spencer, for such a wonderful date and birthday gift! I really enjoyed our time together last night.

Oh and on a hilarious side note..Ella Ann fell totally IN the toilet today! Her potty seat shifted on her and fell off the toilet as she was trying to sit down so down she went! I was in the other room and heard her scream bloody murder so I went running in there to find her literally climbing out of it! Her whole back and bottom were soaked! Classic.



4 comments:

Mandy said...

How fun!! You both look so good!!! I'm glad you had a great birthday surprise.
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Nice suit, where do you put the batteries?

Janelle said...

You look beautiful Katie. I LAUGHED very hard when I read about EA falling in.....poor kid. It hasn't happened yet to AK, soon enough I guess. :) Happy Birthday!

15010 said...

How fun, you look great!