Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Round #2

My parents came down on Christmas Eve to spend the holiday with us since I can no longer travel. They got here just in time for our traditional Christmas Eve appetizer spread that we had for dinner. We had our usual sausage balls, shrimp, beef tenderloin and turkey with party rye, and this year I threw in some stuffed mushrooms and crab dip. Yummy!!! Ella Ann and I had made cookies for Santa earlier in the week so we got that out to put on her "Cookies for Santa" plate that she had made for us at school, along with some carrots for Santa's reindeer. She knew Santa was coming to our house that night, but that didn't seem to keep her from falling asleep or sleeping in in the morning! My parents got to our house before Spencer and I were even awake to make sure they didn't miss Ella Ann getting out of her bed Christmas morning and seeing all that Santa had for her under the tree! It was SUCH a fun morning/day! Ella Ann raced into our living room to find that Santa had left her a cradle and high chair for her babies and "Elmo Live", along with many presents from my parents and Spencer and I under the tree. Santa was REALLY good to Spencer and I too, especially with our stockings! Even Baby Boy had his own stocking! The stockings have always been my favorite part of Christmas because my parents really go above and beyond the call of duty with them. My Mom had fixed them up in our living room the night before and then covered them all with a big sheet so the three of us would be surprised in the morning. Once we went through our stockings, we had breakfast casserole and watched Ella Ann play with some of her new toys. She only asked one time to open gifts, I think the stocking was plenty for her!

We went to our church's Christmas service at 10:30 and then came home and ate our Christmas Eve spread again and opened our gifts. It was so fun to watch Ella Ann tear into her gifts and want to get out every single thing she got immediately and play with it! We tried to take our time, though, to make the occasion last a little longer. I think her favorite gifts were a bouncing ball with a handle for her to ride on across our house, rooms for her dollhouse along with the family's van, a Bilibo (can't really describe what that is), and her Tinkerbell costume.....oh and of course more Baby Legs!

That evening Mom and I prepared our usual Christmas dinner and it was fantastic! IT was so nice to have everything the same, as it should be, on Christmas even though we were not at my parent's house like usual. My parents did everything they could, as did I, to make sure it stayed the same. Ella Ann crashed early that evening since she didn't have a nap and so did the rest of us.

We just hung out and played at our house on Friday and went out for pizza that night....no more leftovers please! My Mom and Dad left Saturday morning after stopping by our house to say goodbye and visit for a little bit. It all passed so fast and we were sorry to see them leave but we know they could be back in a matter of hours or days!!! Thank you again, Mom and Dad, for a wonderful Christmas!

Again, I took a ton of pictures so HERE they are!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Looks like you all had a good Christmas and I'm glad that you were able to make it "feel" like Christmas, even though it wasn't at your parents house. We miss you guys!!