Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Since Spencer had to work over Thanksgiving we were unable to go on a vacation (like we usually do) with my parents. :( Oh well, being very pregnant and going on a vacation doesn't sound like too much fun anyway! My parents drove down on Wednesday and made it in time to have dinner with us that evening. Ella Ann was sooooo excited that they were coming!

On Thanksgiving day we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and had a spread of appetizers and sandwiches to snack on before our big meal that evening. Spencer got home from work around noon so he was able to enjoy the rest of the day with us. It was a beautiful day so we all got outside and walked around the neighborhood and enjoyed the peace and quiet, which is rare!! We went to our Thanksgiving feast at Maggiano's at 5:30. This is the same restaurant we went to for Thanksgiving the week after Ella Ann was born and we knew we would be eating a fabulous meal so we didn't want to risk going to a new place! The food was SO good and we all stuffed ourselves silly, especially me! The restaurant was beyond packed and they had a great musician playing music while we ate. It was so nice and relaxing! Ella Ann was very excited to eat turkey and pumpkin pie, which I know doesn't sound like her at all but each time we've been to Kroger over the last week they are sampling these two foods and Ella Ann has scarfed them down like mad! In fact, when we sat down to eat our lunch that day she asked me, "Where's the pumpkin pie?" Unfortunately the only dessert that was "pumpkiny" at Maggiano's was a pumpkin praline cheesecake which she couldn't touch because of the nuts so she had a heaping mound of vanilla ice cream and she was thrilled with that. Oh and she didn't even try a bite of the turkey at dinner....figures!

On Black Friday Mom, Ella Ann, and I did a little bit of shopping in our neighborhood and went to the mall that afternoon. Surprisingly the mall was very manageable, as was the parking and drive to get to and from. I was pleased! Spencer and Dad hung out at a sports bar in our neighborhood and enjoyed beer, wings, and football while we were gone. That evening we walked to one of Mom and I's favorite restaurants for half price crab and shrimp.

My parents left this morning and since Spencer has this weekend off we are making the most of it by getting our Christmas tree and decorating for the holiday. I love it!!!!! Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for a wonderful Thanksgiving! We really enjoyed spending the holiday with you both!

Ella Ann saw the marching bands at the Macy's parade and immediately put on her drum!

Playing in her dollhouse with Mimi. What a ham!

Enjoying our snacks on Thursday afternoon. Spencer gave me the pretty flowers for my birthday last week!

Cuddling with the grandparents...and Ella Ann's slippers!

Before leaving for Maggiano's.

Some family pictures.

Ella Ann is obsessed with playing Cootie since she received it for her birthday. Spencer and I play it with her at least 3-4 times every single day!! It's actually very fun to be able to play games as a family now after dinner.

I also had Spencer take a couple of pictures of me this morning so that you guys can see the belly progression! I'll be 35 weeks on Wednesday. I can't believe he'll be here so soon!!!!!!!



I also snapped a picture of Ella Ann "helping" Spencer put the stand on the Christmas tree. She always gets right in there to help!

No comments: