Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our New Home

Yeay we are in our new house! We had a great move, in fact, it was kinda fun! Maybe because I didn't have to lift anything because I'm pregnant! For those of you who don't know or haven't heard it through the grapevine, I'm almost 13 weeks and due January 7th! We are VERY excited for baby #2! This was one of the main reasons we needed to move fairly quickly into a 3 bedroom home, which is what we are now in. We had several of our ohhhh sooooo kind friends help us out on Thursday night. We ordered pizza and caught up with those we hadn't seen in a while. It all went very fast, maybe because Spencer and I, mainly Spencer, moved us in throughout the week so the guys really only had to move the furniture. We LOVE our new home, especially the location!

Thankfully my Mom came down on Thursday and kept Ella Ann in her hotel room that evening. We closed on Friday morning and then my Mom and Ella Ann came over and we got busy unpacking and getting settled. I can honestly say we have nearly everything done except for a few more pictures to hang. I didn't post a picture of Ella Ann's room or what will be the nursery because they're a work in progress. I ordered Ella Ann new bedding, a big rug, and decorations, all ballerina-themed. She is getting new bedroom furniture since the baby will take over hers.

I also am posting one last picture I have of Ella Ann with Mara Kate at VBS. She also got up in front of the congregation this morning at church and sang (or just stood there I should say) the songs she learned at VBS. If she wasn't holding Sam, she wouldn't have sucked her thumb and instead would've sang because as soon as she sat down with us she started singing all the songs! Silly girl!

She wasn't too happy to be up there! I asked if I could hold Sam and the reply was, "NO!"

Just look for Sam, then you'll see her!

Mimi gave Ella Ann her first bath in her new bathroom.

This is the little hall area we have that has a built-in bureau. It's perfect for storage!


Our living room.

Standing in our dining room right as you enter the front door.

The ceilings look like this in the living and dining room.

The kitchen is my favorite part! We have a gas stove, which I'm learning how to use but really like it! The beautiful flowers are from my sweet husband for our 5-year anniversary yesterday!

Master bedroom

The master bath has a door to the left that leads out to our deck.


We are going to get some patio furniture soon!

The fountain in our backyard will be turned on today and will have fish in it to keep the mosquitos away.


The picnic table in our backyard. I still need to clean it.

Just ignore the mountain of boxes on the front porch. Ella Ann's room is the window on the left.


This is looking down the street to the left at the end of my sidewalk. The yellow car is parked in front of the coffee shop that I will try my best not to frequent too often! :)

6 comments:

Jana said...

Everything looks really good and you have done a good job using what you had and making it look really homey and comfortable. I'm glad I got the chance to come check it out in person! I know you all will love it, especially with everything you have in walking distance---right up your alley for sure! :)

Oh and Happy Anniversary! 5 years, yay!

Mandy said...

I love your house! It looks awesome the way you have it decorated. Your furniture fits perfectly! I'm so jealous though...there is no way that I could post pictures of our house yet. Hopefully we'll get there soon! I can't wait to see everything in person!

Love,
Mandy

Janelle said...

I love it!!! Love the character and am highly impressed with your speediness at getting unpacked! Looks very cozy...and I'm so jealous if your location/proximity to the coffee shop. :)

Andria said...

It's gorgeous Katie!!! I am so impressed that you're already settled! Can't wait to see it!
I would be more concerned about frequenting Murphy's too much. Have you been there? It's the best brunch place ever!
Happy Anniversary!!!

Vanessa said...

Congrats on the pregnancy - I'm so excited for you guys! Well done for getting everyone unpacked so quickly. It looks awesome - what a great house. I know you're glad to be done with the 'condo for sale' chapter=) Happy Anniversary and keep us posted on the baby details.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting pictures suckers! Now I never have to come down there. Muhahahaha!