Sunday, June 22, 2008

Brief Update

Sorry kids, I don't have time to sit and type a "real" post with pictures today. Things have been ohhh sooooooo busy this past week! After days, and days, and days of NOT finding a place to move by this coming Thursday we FINALLY found our perfect home in the Virginia-Highlands area on Thursday morning! What a relief! We are beyond excited to move into our new home that will be ours for the next three years! It's a great house for us and the location is awesome....we are at the corner of the Highlands' main shopping/dining/playing area and there is a coffee shop right next door to our house! Spencer will have to install an electric fence around that place because I know I will frequent it often! The one and only downside to the house is it doesn't have much of a backyard, in fact it has a strawberry patch instead of a yard! The good news is we can still put a little play gym on it for Ella Ann because we are fine to walk all over it. We do have a nice size deck, a brick built-in picnic table in the backyard, and a fountain with fish....that should entertain Ella Ann! We can also easily walk to a great playground right down the street.

Anyway, once we move I will take some pictures and post them. Our church's VBS starts on Monday (9:30-12:30) and I'm teaching the 4-year-olds with Jana Monday through Wednesday and will just move on Thursday and close Friday morning. We are going to be able to start moving some stuff in this week too, so I'll be doing that when Ella Ann wakes up from her nap and Spencer will take over in the evenings...when he's not working late. Ella Ann will be participating in the 2/3-year-old class at VBS with Mara Kate and the rest of her buddies. She is VERY excited! Jana and I took the girls to the introduction to VBS this morning during the service. The kids were introduced to the Olympic theme and learned a few songs with motions. Ella Ann was all about the singing! She pushed her way to the front row so she could really dance! I think she's going to do great this week and really enjoy it! I'm very excited for her and the best part is since I'm teaching I can be a fly on the wall and watch her! I'll also be sure and take some pictures!

Well that's all for now. Sorry for the boring update!

No comments: