Monday, June 23, 2008

Vacation Bible School

Monday was our first day of VBS at our church this week. Ella Ann was so excited about going yesterday morning... in fact we got her t-shirt on Sunday during church and she asked if she could sleep with it that night! The shirt swallowed the tiny 2-year-olds, but Ella Ann sure loved wearing hers, especially since I was wearing the same shirt and when we arrived Monday morning she was very happy to see everyone else in the same outfit! I dropped her off in her room, which of course she started to whine a little, but after that she was great! She is with all of her friends: Diego, Mara Kate, Luke, and the rest of her church buddies that she knows by name.

Jana and I are teaching the 4-year-old class and they were great....just REALLY full of energy....all 11 of them! We have the biggest class by far....figures! They are a really fun group and I know we will enjoy our time with them and Jana and I are just excited we get to teach together, which means we hang out for 3 hours and chat....when we can! The theme is Olympian so all the lingo, decorations, shirts, etc. all have to do with the Olympics. We are "Coach Katie" and "Coach Jana" and the kids are referred to as athletes. Ella Ann's class is called "The Apple of His Eye" and they are SOOOO cute! It was neat to watch Ella Ann file in line with her class into the "opening ceremony" in the morning and she was on the front row singing and dancing with the music leaders! She just loved her day and was so excited to go back in the morning! She kept saying, "I want to go back to DBS!!" Her teachers told me she was very good all morning and enjoyed the activities....they do crafts, have a Bible lesson from someone dressed up in costume, recreation, and snacks just like the rest of the kids. When I saw her during the "closing ceremony" I went up to her and asked if she was having a good time and she didn't have to say a thing, the big smile on her face answered my question! Some of their music was playing in the background and she said to me, "Mommy sit down, I want to sing this song for you." And so she did! She even sang it at the dinner table last night! I was a very proud mommy! I can now safely say that Ella Ann is going to do great in preschool!

Before we left the house Monday morning.

Jana and I's "training center."


All of our crazy kids and our Assistant Coach Katie!!!

Coach Jana and Coach Katie.

Jana and I decorated our room Sunday afternoon, but since she is the creative/artistic one I mainly just handed her the tape!

A few of our athletes.


Unfortunately I had to hide from Ella Ann while I spied on her or else she would come running to me, which is why these pictures are of her backside. I had to write on a piece of tape about her nut allergy because they eat snacks and I'm not there to hover! It was weird to watch her hold hands with someone else besides a family member! My little girl is growing up!


I was spotted during the closing ceremony, so I went to visit her. She was SO excited to see me, you would have thought I had left her for days! This is the one and only time she wore her visor.


Diego and Ella Ann.



This is when she told me to sit down because she wanted to sing me a song!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Love it!! She looks so big! Don't you love VBS? It is such a fun thing every summer! Hope ya'll are doing well...3 days until you move!!

Love,
Mandy

Jana said...

Good pictures! We need to make sure we get one of MK and her with their matching shirts before the end of the week! :) It is so fun, even though a little exhausting. I too am thankful we are teaching together this year. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! Ella Ann is so cute! I haven't seen her since she was a baby - I can't believe how big she's gotten!!