Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Weekend (and Week) In Pictures

Too many events have happened over the course of the last week to explain everything so I am doing a picture post! I have been really busy lately, which explains the lack of posts. Ella-Ann's last of school was last Friday and we have been busy bodies ever since! You would that that now it is summer break that I would have less to do but I feel like our summer is filling up with activities, which is fine by me!





My Mom came down for a visit last Friday (left on Tuesday morning) so I was able to take Ella-Ann to Anna-Kate's birthday party by myself on Saturday morning. The theme was Fancy Nancy so Ella-Ann had her fanciest attire picked out the night before and had it all on, jewels included, by 7:20 a.m. Saturday morning! She was so excited to see Anna-Kate! Above is Ella-Ann with a few of the girls eating a fancy lunch!







Ella-Ann had to sit as close as possible to Anna-Kate while she opened her presents.







Pierson was our centerpiece! Ella-Ann never took off the crown she made at Anna-Kate's birthday party all afternoon, evening and the next day!








Waiting to eat lunch at a new restaurant in the Highlands.















Ella-Ann thought it was fun to sit at the bar and watch the bartender mix drinks!




I surprised Ella-Ann and had Mara-Kate over to spend the night Tuesday night. I had to work as the volunteer mom for Rane's PMO that morning (had completely forgotten I was on the schedule so it was a hectic morning, to say the least) so I had to take Ella-Ann and Pierson with me. Ella-Ann had an absolute ball playing with the little kids! All the little girls wanted to sit in her lap and hold her hand. What was so funny was that one of them was as big as her and wanted to sit in her lap! I took the kids for the first time through a fast-food drive-thru (gasp!) for lunch because we were in a hurry to meet Jana halfway between here and where she lives (north Georgia). It was the quietest my car has ever been, I think! Ella-Ann and Mara Kate were SO excited to see each other! It has been 4 months since they had seen one another....way too long! They had a ball playing all afternoon and really enjoyed playing in Rane's water table. I met Jana halfway again on Wednesday so return Mara Kate. Now we are busy getting ready to head to the beach!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I"m so glad she had fun and loved the crown! :) AK plays with that princess magnet thing all.day.every.day!!!

Danielle said...

You should be sent to parent-prison for living in Atlanta and depriving your children of Chick-Fil-A!