Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Missed Mardi Gras

I love Whole Foods...I really, really do. I get all relaxed and happy when I am there, no joke! They have the best food and if I could eat off their awesome buffet every day I would be one happy camper! Alas, it is too expensive for an every day meal. They have a huge calendar near the checkout lanes that is always full of things going on at the store and often free events. I love, as I am sure I have mentioned many times before, going there for the early bird special for a muffin and coffee. I always take Rane at least once a week (Ella-Ann doesn't know or else she'd be crushed) and then I take all the kids on Saturday mornings if Spencer is working. It is a fun thing for Rane and I to do and he LOVES his Whole Foods muffin! I always get the pumpkin cream cheese and we split it. The funny thing is that whenever you turn right out of our neighborhood (it is the way you get to the store) Rane always, always says "Muffin!!!??? "Hooo Fooos, muffin!?!?" It has become something we do all the time and I enjoy spending quality time with him over a muffin and coffee for 99 cents. Side note, thanks to my dad who took the big kids for ice cream at Bruster's last time they were down, every time I turn left out of my neighborhood Rane asks, "Iii cream?" So either way you turn off of our street Rane asks for food!

At Whole Foods today they were selling slices of king cake for $2 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. I thought the kids would enjoy celebrating the day with a big slice of cake. I told Ella-Ann we were going when she got off the bus and she was super excited to go eat some cake with purple icing! I loaded up all 3 kids and drove the 1 mile down the street (it was too windy to walk!) to get some cake. Of course they were out of cake by 3:30 p.m.....should've known. Ohh well, the kids enjoyed eating the consolation treat....a chocolate mousse torte!

Trying to keep Rane from eating his torte so I could snap a picture was like trying to hold back a raring bull in it's pen!

Ella-Ann and Rane's personality differences are even evident in how they eat. Ella-Ann, my (most of the time) very clean and tidy child, meticulously ate her torte one small bite at a time and, at one point, was licking it like an ice cream cone savoring every bite (just like I would do, of course).....

Rane, on the other hand, ate it like an animal and got it ALL over him. He just goes for whatever he wants!
He just smashed the pretty torte into his face and ate it!



Ella-Ann is so funny. I bought a huge mirror at a vintage antique store this morning and, after realizing the mirror was way too large for any space in our home we decided to put it in a closet until we move. I bought it for our future home, so it wasn't a silly purchase...even if we aren't moving until the end of this year! Anyway, while I was preparing a space for it in the closet we had it propped up against the wall in the laundry room. As we were moving it into the closet Ella-Ann comes running to us in her Cinderella costume all bent out of shape. When I asked her what was wrong this was the response I received, "Mooooommm! I wanted to daaaance in front of the mirror!" So instead she did this.....
Glad she is flexible! You know, a princess who can use power tools!

No comments: