Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mimi! Mimi!

Rane and Ella-Ann get soooo excited when Mimi comes to visit! I didn't tell the kids that she was driving down on Monday to visit us so when Ella-Ann and I saw her little red Mini Cooper driving down our street as we walked up our driveway (I had just gotten her off the bus) Ella-Ann was SO happy and surprised! The kids jumped into her arms and I don't think they ever really left those arms unless they were sleeping or at school!

Mom loved cuddling with Pierson too, who cooed and smiled like crazy every time her Mimi held her. She is such a sweet little baby! I'm sure she was just happy to have someone's undivided attention for a change! She ate it up!

Mimi stayed with us until Thursday morning and we did lots of fun things while she was here, like shop, eat at Atlanta Fish Market (one of the best restaurants ever in my book), play outside and go to Whole Foods for our morning treat. When my Mom stays with us she sleeps in Ella-Ann's bed and Ella-Ann has a pallet on the floor. She loves having a slumber party with Mimi and gets her entire room ready for it all by herself, including turning down her bed for Mimi. It's so cute.

We really enjoyed our time with my mom and were, as usual, sad to see her leave this morning. She takes Ella-Ann to school as well when she is here and thankfully Ella-Ann was too interested in everyone wearing green this morning to get upset about Mimi leaving!


Snacks with Mimi after she arrived on Monday.


Pierson got all decked out for the occasion!


Rane is obsessed with Mimi. I'm not kidding, ask Spencer. It can be quite annoying because if he is not within 2 feet of her or in her embrace he is constantly shouting, "Mimi! Mimi! Mimi!"


Wow, look! I even made the post!


After my mom left Rane, Pierson and I hung out in the play room. I put Pierson on her tummy on the boppy pillow for the first time and quickly realized she has some seriously good head control!


Rane loves Pierson and he is often right in her little face talking to her. He was giving her a car to play with.....



I love holidays and try to make even the mundane holidays fun for the kids. This morning the kids ate green oatmeal and cereal for breakfast. I even colored Ella-Ann's water green! Tonight the kids ate green eggs, green peas, rice with peas and green milk...all on a green plate! Side note, Spencer and I had Cajun shrimp, not green everything for dinner!


No comments: