Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dunder!

Rane is extremely terrified of thunder. It stormed late this afternoon and I thought I was going to have to hold Rane through the entire thing, which lasted about an hour and a half! Anytime it thunders Rane will tear through the house to find Spencer or myself and literally catapult himself into our arms, all the while screaming like crazy. Tonight was no exception and Spencer was at work so I was trying to comfort Rane, make dinner for him and Ella-Ann and feed Pierson a bottle...all at once! Thankfully Ella-Ann was only afraid during the few loud thunder claps so she took over the coddling for me.....


My bright idea to get him out of my arms and to eat his dinner was to turn on toddler music as loud as possible on the television to hopefully drown out the storm, which it did for the most part! After each thunder clap Rane would say, "Noooo more dunder. Nooo moooore dunder, k?" I told him God made the thunder and it will not hurt us. It's just a loud noise. He would repeat that back to me, "God made dunder, just a loud nowise," all the while shaking like a leaf! I couldn't help it, I laughed so hard I was crying!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Awwww.... Bless his heart! How sweet of Ella-Ann to take over comforting him. :) She is such a sweetie! Hope to see you all soon!
love,
Mandy