Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Golden Weekend

This weekend Spencer's parents came down for a visit. They came down early (arrived around 2 p.m.) on Friday just so that I could get out and about by myself! So nice! As soon as they walked in the door I rattled off instructions for the kids and shot out the door! I went to the mall and all I had with me was my purse! It was so wonderful to walk around the mall by myself with a Starbucks frappuccino in hand!

When I got home the kids were all up and Spencer was home. We ordered pizza for dinner and Ella-Ann got to stay up a little late and spent her time reading books on Papa's Nook. It was the first time she had ever been on anything electronic that read her books and she loved it!

On Saturday Spencer took the kids to get donuts and lots of coffee since all 3 kids were up by 5:20 a.m.! I went in Ella-Ann's room at 6 because she had all the lights on and was playing with her My Little Ponies! It was not how I envisioned my one and only day to sleep in but such is life now with three and I know one day, later rather than sooner I am afraid, I will sleep again! That morning Spencer wanted to go to the mall (he didn't have to ask me twice!) to get some new shoes so off we went without the kids! It was like a daytime date! We found some shoes and a new dress for me and then headed to Nordstrom Rack. Once we got home we spent the entire afternoon in the backyard. The kids loved having their Papa and Nana to play with! They dug in the dirt for worms, brought the cups of dirt to us and would dump them on the patio, played on the playground, played soccer, bubbles, ran around, etc. It was great! Ella-Ann loved the worms! Rane, on the other hand, picked some up and immediately freaked out and dropped them! Who would've thought? We have started bringing a few of Rane's trucks outside to play with and he is in heaven sitting in the mulch/dirt, digging with a shovel and playing with his trucks. Ella-Ann really enjoys it too! Baths were certainly on the agenda that night!

The Jensens went to church with us Sunday morning and then left to go home afterwards. We spent the afternoon outside again....kids digging and playing in the dirt and the making sure all the dirt sticks to them really well by playing with bubbles!

On a side note, I was super excited about springing forward last night because it meant, hopefully, Pierson would be getting up an hour later in the middle of the night to eat. She went from 10 p.m. until 4:30 a.m....her best night to date! I hope we are well on our way to having her sleep all night soon!



Rane thinks he can do everything Ella-Ann can do, including climbing to the top of the jungle gym that we discovered sitting on the side of our house last year and brought it out in the yard only to realize it screams "tetanus shot to whoever cuts themselves on me!" We will be taking it apart soon! Rane climbs to the top and then waits for someone to rescue him!

He was saying "Noooo," in his little pouty face because he didn't want his picture taken.

Ella-Ann didn't want the wood chips in her dirt so she was picking them out. Such a little priss pot!

Every 5 minutes Rane would come to one of us carrying his cup of dirt saying, "Wooook! Wooook!"



No comments: