Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Ready to Roll

Miss Priss started gymnastics at the Y last week. She goes every Tuesday from 4-4:50 p.m. until sometime in October (I cannot remember). She loves it! I am, each day, amazed at how much Ella Ann has grown into a very independent little girl. Last week was very much organized chaos at gymnastics as far as checking in the kids who ranged in age from 3 to 7 or 8 and making sure every child was with the right instructor. Ella Ann's name was quickly checked off and one of the instructors told her to go on in so off she went into this huge gymnasium full of kids younger and older than her and she didn't know a single one of them. Once she ran in I never saw her until I picked her up at 4:50. No goodbye, no wave, no nothing. She just took off! I just turned on my heals and smiled at the progress she has made since school started. She is not the same child....remember the days of her clinging to my leg are not that far off! I really cannot believe she does so well at drop off at school each morning and rides the big yellow bus home every day all by herself. Spencer takes her to school, which we both love, because his dad always took them to school and my dad I don't think missed a day of taking me to school so it is important for both of us that he takes her and they get in some father/daughter time each morning. She has done so well with all the changes in her life in such a short period of time!

Anyway, back to gymnastics. Parents are not allowed to stay and watch so toward the end of the class I peeked in to watch her and all I could see was my cute little girl bouncing around with her class and running through a big obstacle course. She was all over the place and at the end they did a forward roll down the, what we called in gymnastics, the "big slice of cheese." She thinks it is so fun and wishes it was every single afternoon. Boy does she sleep good on Tuesdays!

P.S. The sticker on her forehead is from school. She usually hops off the bus with a big sticker on her forehead; she's a nut. Ella Ann told me that they get a sticker after rest time if they have behaved well all day. I have no clue as to why she likes to stick it to her head!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I LOVE this picture of Ella Ann!! She looks so old and SO pretty! I definitely thinks she looks more like you right now, Katie. Precious!!