Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Buy Me Some...."

Rice, Corn and Broccoli." This is what Ella Ann requested to eat at the Braves/Cardinals game yesterday! My parents came down for the weekend and while Rane stayed with a babysitter, we took Ella Ann to her first baseball game. I'd have to say Ella Ann takes after me as far as sports/sporting events go. I know nothing about them, dislike watching them on television and go to games for the food and atmosphere. She was excited to try cotton candy for the first time and after we got her to take a bite she decided it was gross and that's when she asked for rice. Spencer took her to search for some food (ended up with a veggie dog) and when he told her again that they didn't have rice she said, "Okay, I'll take some corn." After Spencer told her they didn't have corn that's when she asked for the peas and broccoli. Obviously we need to broaden her horizons! Since Spencer couldn't find any veggies for her, after the veggie dog Ella Ann had Dippin' Dots and a scoop of chocolate ice cream....she was not deprived of any treats at the game, believe me!

We had a very good time at the game, even though it was sweltering hot; it was a 4:00 p.m. game. Our seats were in the shade but that didn't matter to me....this pregnant gal couldn't handle the heat whatsoever so I spent most of our time at the game standing near the concessions trying to cool off. Ella Ann asked in the FIRST inning, "When is this 'thang' gonna be done?" Even the people in front of us turned around and laughed! She didn't watch one single pitch of the game, but I have to say I probably didn't either! We cheer for the Cardinals so Ella Ann was happy to sport her pink Cardinals tshirt that Grandpa gave her a while back and cheer on the Cardinals with us. After the game she said she had a great time and her favorite part was cheering, although I clearly remember her shushing the crowd when they cheered! The wave was fascinating to her, as were the amount of people around us because she couldn't understand why "all these people" were here! I know my Dad and Spencer really enjoyed taking her and it is so fun to see her enjoy activities along with the grown ups now!

My parents arrived Friday night and swung by the house to drop off all of Rane's old winter clothes that I am selling in a consignment sale at the end of the month and visit for a bit. Saturday morning after they arrived we played around the house for a while, went to the mall and ate lunch at Buckhead Bread Company. Once Rane went down for a nap it was soon time for us to head to the game. I didn't get any pictures of Rane with my parents...ooops.

Ready for some baseball action!


Spencer had to show her how to eat cotton candy and she watched with her nose turned up!

I don't think so.

I love this picture of my Mom! She looks so goofy! We couldn't tell when the woman taking our picture was actually pushing the button so we are all kind of stupid looking. Mom is holding a shiny pink baseball my Dad gave Ella Ann, which she loves. We have this same picture of all of us in this spot, minus Ella Ann, two years ago when I was pregnant with Rane....it was much better!

No comments: