Sunday, September 26, 2010

He Said

Rane is quite a talkative little boy and even more so these days. He is closing in on 21 months and his vocabulary is growing each and every day. He is at such a fun age right now because he is understanding our questions (usually) and our requests. He does pretty good as far as obeying goes and, in fact, he often says, "obey," after we say it. We sometimes have to chase after him if he doesn't do what we ask the very first time, i.e., come to me or Spencer which involves punnishment, but he gets it even though he chooses to disobey. He doesn't have a majorly strong will like Ella Ann did at this age, and still does, so I consider him to be a typical 21 month old little boy! I wanted to share some of the "words" he says before I forget!
Byyyeeeeee
Hiiiiiiiiii (both "hi" and "bye" are said with huge waves)
Daydo (thank you)
Peeese (please)
Noooooo
Essss (yes)
Ardeereadeeee (Are you ready?)
Less go (let's go)
Deeee (do it again)
nuf (enough)
car, truck, usss (bus), tainnn (train, which is followed by a "choo-choo!!!!"), ata (MARTA)
appew (apple), annnaana (banana), hondeedew (honeydew), staadereee (strawberry), kiwi and he tries to say pretty much every other fruit as well
ogurt (yogurt)
potty (likes to sit on it often but has yet to "go")
diiiipurr (diaper)
at (cat), og (dog), nake (snake) and several other animals but I won't list them all
wuuuhoooonne (we're home....said as we pull into our neighborhood each and every time)
moneee (Mommy)
eeeAnn (Ella Ann)
opennnnittt (open it)
shut it
dirrteeeee (dirty)
yuck
grass, treeeee (tree), burd (bird), fish
eeeelunch (eat lunch), dinnor (dinner)
niii-niii (nite-nite)
Aaaamen (Amen)
ible (Bible)
oook (book)
pay (play), un (fun), ack (snack)
wurk (When I talk about Spencer he says, "work.")
Hi Budeeee (When I walk in to get him up each morning and/or at nap time I always say, "Hi Buddy!" Now he says it back to me and often says it before I even say it!)

Okay, that's enough! He is such a funny boy and is still keeping me on my toes. He gets into everything he knows is hands off but will bring it to us just so that he can touch it, i.e., the phone, remote, etc. He is starting to be a tidy little boy because once he is done playing he will often pick up after himself and sing, "Keeennn up, keeeenn up!" It's great! Of course if he doesn't clean up Ella Ann or myself are right on his feet picking up toys! It now drives her nuts to have stuff on the floor....ahhhhhh, my clone! Today when I picked up Rane from the church nursery 3 different workers said to me, "He is so funny!" "He is very entertaining!" "He is hilarious!" Yes, thanks, I know!

No comments: