Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ice Cream and Toys

Now there's a fun title! On Friday after Ella Ann got home from school, the four of us went down the street to Bruster's for a spoil-your-dinner snack of ice cream! Ella Ann got a huge, even though it was a kiddie cone, scoop of chocolate ice cream wrapped in rainbow sprinkles, Rane and I split birthday cake ice cream and Spencer got a big carmel sundae. Yummmm....it was all tasty! It was a very special treat to kick off our weekend with lots of ice cream!

This morning Spencer had to work and I decided to take advantage, which I often do each week, of Whole Foods' 99-cent early bird special, which is a huge pastry of your choice and coffee every morning from 8-9 a.m. It is very fun to walk or drive there (about 1 mile) and sit and enjoy coffee while the kids eat my pastry...well I do have a little! Spencer really likes it as well and enjoys their yummy pastries and coffee when he's around in the mornings. This morning I busted out of storage the large double stroller, which unfortunately had 2 very flat tires. Of course I have no clue how to air up a tire and even asked Ella Ann (she has watched Spencer do it many times) how to do it so she instructed me on how she thought Daddy did it....all wrong. I wasn't going to give up, I was going to walk there and enjoy the beautiful morning! I told Ella Ann she was going to ride her bike while I pushed Rane in the singleton stroller. She was a little apprehensive but I told her she could do it so she strapped on the helmet and was ready to ride! The street is full of hills and bumpy sidewalks but she made it the entire way there and back...2 miles! I was SO proud of her because she never complained, made it up and down the hills all by herself and really had fun! She even asked if she could continue on past our house once we got home! I couldn't believe it! It was awesome!

Ella Ann has been working the same 70-piece puzzle, even though she has many puzzles, for days and days. I believe she could put it together with her eyes closed. So when we went to Target this afternoon I told her to pick out a new, harder puzzle. She choose a 100-piece puppy puzzle. Since she picked out something I told her we needed to find something for Rane as well. Finding a toy for Rane is nearly impossible. You would think that a toddler would be super easy to shop for but Rane will stump you. He has many toys, although not many boyish-toys, that he does not play with....ever. He doesn't play with too many toys and he never has. When I was roaming the isles I would pick up a toy and think, there is no way Rane would play with this for longer than 2 minutes. He wants to roam the house, get in my business, Ella Ann's junk and roll around and give Spencer grief while he is on the couch! So when it comes to toys there's really not much that will capture his attention. However, when I saw an indestructible remote control truck for two year olds I immediately threw it in the cart. Rane does love anything that moves and makes lots of noise. It has two buttons, one to make it spin and one to make it go forward. He loves it! Rane held it all the way home, carried it inside the house and gave it to Spencer to load up with batteries. Spencer showed him how to operate it and he thought it was the greatest thing ever. Yeay....I finally got a good toy for him!

Ella Ann couldn't eat it fast enough. It was down her arm in about 1 minute!


Such a guy thing....at one point they were both laying face down on the floor playing with the truck! Side note, yes Rane is wearing one sock and has been for two days. He has a very ugly, bleeding blister on that foot and he won't leave it alone so we have to keep a sock on his foot!

Oh and second side note I am "needing" comments on the blog! Helllloooooo! Are you out there??? Do I need to give my readers an ultimatum???? Either comment or I quit! :) Much love, Katie

9 comments:

Mandy said...

ha! I will leave you a comment. I'm glad you found a toy for Rane. That is how I feel shopping for Carter. The kid does not play with toys. Very frustrating! Sounds like you all have had a fun weekend so far. Hope it continues!

Love,
Mandy

Janelle said...

LOL....hope the threats work for you. It is frustrating to always post, know people read and never get comments.
Sounds like a fun weekend! We need to get together soon--is EA out next week for fall break? We're heading to the zoo on Monday if you're interested. :)

Christy said...

Katie, just so you know, I LOVE reading your blog and always do :) There you go! Brusters ice-cream sounds delectable right now...pity it's so late or I would make a run down there!

Jana said...

I love reading your blog too!!! So you better not quit! Especially since we don't see each other as often as we used to...

The ice cream looks so yummy!!

Ruth Cox said...

Hah! Commenting requires leaving the security an safety of my reader to find your blog, sign in, an hope it appears. Whaaaa. :) this is where I find out what is going on with you!! Always fun!!

Andria said...

I read ALL of our posts and love them!!! Do not quit!!!! xoxo :)

Katie said...

Hahahaa! Thanks for the comments, I think 6 is close to a record! :) Of course I wouldn't dare quit, I just needed some feedback after about 5 posts and 0 comments!

The Whitfields said...

Katie, your little ones are precious. Hope you are doing well!

Sarah Whitfield

NANA said...

I, like the other, read your comments every Monday morning. I love keeping up with the Jensen family by blog. The kiddos are pecious. I still love Ella Ann at the baseball game wanting rice, etc. and wanting to know when that "thang" would be done. They are so funny. Keep posting PLEASE. Connie