Friday, January 15, 2010

A Week of....

Nothing. Yeah not much going on around here, which I'm just fine with. After all the birthday celebrations, traveling and holidays I am happy to have a relaxed week for a change. On Monday I woke up with (and spent some time on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night) a stomach virus and Rane had it as well. Evidently I sent it home as a party favor because Craig and Gary had it as well. Thankfully, though, it was a very quick illness because by Monday evening I was eating a little and feeling close to myself. Of course that meant we had to pass it on to Ella Ann and Spencer, who came down with it on Wednesday. Everyone is well now in our house....for the timing being (it's really only a matter of time until the next illness hits). I took Rane to his 1-year check-up on Tuesday and he is doing great. He remains in the 25th percentile for weight and 75th for height (typical of our children). He weighs 20.12 pounds (probably would weigh more had he not lost weight with the virus) and is 30 inches in length.

Finally, FINALLY, it is warmer here and more seasonal. We got outside yesterday and today to enjoy the weather. Today the kids and I were outside for 2 hours in the afternoon and it was glorious! Ella Ann and Rane were so happy to be on that trampoline and playing in the grass! I enjoyed the sun on my face and the blue skies!

I ordered Rane's new car seat online last week and it arrived today. I am thrilled to have him in a big car seat that faces forward....hopefully he will feel the same way once in the car! This one is supposed to carry him through many years of use so we shall see. It is absolutely huge and swallows him whole right now but I'm glad there is a lot of room for growing. I hope I never buy another seat for him again!

Spencer is headed to Toccoa this weekend and the kids and I are going to stay busy with a present drop off at a shower tomorrow morning, errands and a visit from Kane, Jana and Mara Kate. Ella Ann is going to be SO excited when I tell her in the morning! She misses Mara Kate so much and talks about her daily so I know it will make her week when she finds out she is going to see her best friend...as am I!



I love it when they have static electricity!

Rane's hair halo!


Playing in the car seat box.



Spencer had to contend with two crazy kids while trying to figure out the logistics of the new seat........




Do you think he likes being buckled in????

Well he doesn't mind sitting in it NOT buckled!

Look how tiny he is in this thing!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Okay...the pictures of Spencer putting the seat together with the kids hanging all over him are hilarious!!! So true when we try to do anything! :) I'm glad you all had a good week and are healthy (for now). Hopefully, with the warmer weather, everyone will stay healthy. Have a great weekend!