Monday, January 18, 2010

Friends

On Saturday the Barker's were in town for a baby shower and a wedding. In between those two events they came to our house for a visit. Yeay! Since Spencer was out of town this was even better for me and the kids because we had something to do! When I told Ella Ann that morning that Mara Kate was coming over to our house this afternoon I thought she was going to explode with joy...she was thrilled beyond measure. The last time we saw them was at Ella Ann's birthday party in November so it has been wayyyy too long and we have really missed each other. I'm sure Kane wasn't exactly jumping for joy at the thought of having to sit through a few hours of Jana and I yakking away and the girls screaming and running in circles but once I put some candy in one hand a a Wii remote in the other he was one happy camper! Jana and I got to do some face-to-face chatting for a change (we still chat via email nearly every single day) and the girls secluded themselves in Ella Ann's room and had a ball.

Rane had a good time as well with Kane for the 30 minutes he was awake while they were here. It was so strange, but as soon as Kane walked in the door Rane stretched out his arms to him and wanted to be held (I was holding him). He was glued to Kane after that and would give him big hugs. It was so sweet! I guess he was in dire need of some male bonding since he hangs out with girls all day long and Spencer was gone!

Here are a few pictures from their visit. Once again I preface the pictures by saying that my camera is not working well so the pictures aren't great. This will most likely be the case until we purchase a new one and who knows when that will be!


The girls were being so silly that I couldn't get a decent picture!

Rane was Kane's little buddy for sure!


I put the "legs" together on one of Rane's push toys so that he could ride on it and it was a hit! He stayed on it very well and loved being pushed around by Ella Ann.

Rane amidst all the yogurt cups in his ball pit. He loves getting into it with Ella Ann and kicking the cups and balls everywhere. The nice thing is that I can zip them in and keep the mess in the pit!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Being at your house for the afternoon worked so well! It was great that we got to hang out, chat and catch up and the girls always play so well and entertain themselves that we hardly know they are there and it was SO sweet to see Rane with Kane! :) Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon. Let me know when you want to come!