Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Favorite Time of Day

I must share my favorite time of each and every day with you. It ranks right up there with my fabulous 4-6 cups of morning coffee with my fabulously frothed milk and sprinkled cinnamon on top, that is if said cups are not ruined by tantrums before 7:15 a.m. So do I have you waiting on the edge of your seat? I thought so. It is the few minutes after Spencer walks in the door each evening after work. I watch Ella Ann catapult herself into Spencer's waiting arms and Rane tear across the kitchen at break-neck crawling speed saying, "Ahhh Dada...ahhhh Dada....ahhh Dada," until he is at Spencer's feet at which point he stands on his knees and stretches his arms up in the air until Spencer puts Ella Ann down and picks him up. He then gives a humongous smile at Spencer, gives him an even bigger hug around the neck and then rests his little head on Spencer's shoulder. It will melt you like butter. My kids are SO excited to see their Daddy when he gets home and witnessing these precious few minutes with him make all my frustrations and fatigue from the day instantly disappear. My cup truly runneth over....

2 comments:

Jana said...

Awww. So sweet. :) Love it!

Mandy said...

Thanks for sharing, Katie! So sweet. You are right...we are all so blessed.