Friday, January 22, 2010

Long Overdue

Finally, f-i-n-a-l-l-y the girls and I got together for a lonnnng overdue play date. We used to get together nearly every single week but with more kids being added to our families, sicknesses, holidays and weekly commitments we have a hard time "fitting" each other in, which is so sad. Hopefully now that we are starting off a new year we can make more room for our friendships (I am leaving in in 2 years, mind you) and get together more often! Ella Ann was thrilled to have her buddies at her house (we missed you Megan)! The kids loved playing with all the new toys Ella Ann and Rane got for Christmas and birthdays and after they left and I surveyed the mess I could see they had a grand time ALL over the house! ha! Honestly it didn't take long for me to pick up at all...I'm like a tornado that way. I loved catching up with Ruth and Andria and I was happy that a new friend, Abby, joined us with her little boy, Knox. She fit right in and I hope she'll join us in the future. Her husband is a 1st year resident at Emory so we have lots in common.

The rest of the week we played outside (ahhhhhhh), baked cookies, went to the mall and ran errands. I registered Ella Ann for Pre-K next year and she will go FOUR days a week, Monday through Thursday! Wow, that seems like a lot to me but it is still only 3 hours each day with ballet (she wants to keep dancing) on Wednesdays. I can't believe I'll be without her for 4 days a week. Rane and I will miss her, especially me since she entertains him for me while I do things around the house!

On a side note, Ella Ann threw a 2-hour tantrum yesterday morning over a skirt. Yes, I said a skirt. Fashion is Ella Ann's main concern each and every morning, or day, really. She is on a skirt kick and I let her wear one every single day while we are at home but if it was not picked out for what she was going to wear that morning then the rule is she must change into pants before we leave, which she usually has no problem with. Well yesterday she put one on (never, ever matches) and she was cold (shocking) so she asked if she could wear her tights. Okay, this is where I draw the line because she was not going to wear out her tights by playing in them around the house (she scoots on the floor, rolls around, falls down, eats...you get the idea). Well she LOST it. She sat in her room screaming for 2 hours because that's where I put her to scream it out. It completely ruined my morning and nearly killed Rane and I's ears. She is usually put on the back porch for such a loud tantrum but since it was raining we were forced to be subjected to it. Ohhh it was a lovely way to start my day! So you wanna know how I punished her? I'm sooooo cruel........I made her wear pants ALL day. It was the absolute best punishment for her, she hated it.

Tomorrow Bobbi Jo, a friend from church who has a photography business, is taking our pictures down at East Atlanta Village. It's a very trendy/flashy area of the city so we should get some fun pictures. Of course I am dreading it like the plague. Moms of young children reading this will totally understand. I have made it my mission this week to keep Ella Ann and Rane injury free from the neck up and bribing Ella Ann with surprises after the shoot if she smiles and does well. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing!

The big kids...Anjuli, Ella Ann and Diego.

Poor Rane, they didn't want him on the other side of the door and kept slamming it on him!

Anjuli, Ella Ann, Diego and Alexia.

Rane found a PIC (Partner In Crime), Keona!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I would let her wear what she wants. When I was 5 (boy) I had a pair of shorts which was my favorite (dont know why)and I wanted to wear them all year - here in Central Europe we have cold winters. After some fights and belt spankings my parents agreed. Now at 16 I always wear shorts and I dont feel the cold. Just always get remarks from people on the street and bus.