Sunday, August 02, 2009

Goodbyes, Playdates and Blueberries

I know, not a very creative title but after blogging for almost 4 years I'm out of ideas. Speaking of the blog, a friend of mine told me about a website that turns your blogs into books! You upload the program and work on it yourself but it costs $75 per year. I am going to do it but it may take a while with the time and cost....evidently you have to reput in your captions to all your pictures because they do not transfer so that will take me quite a while.

Okay so this was a fun week, but busy as usual! I swear, I feel like I am just rushing from one task to the next, one kid to the next, one meal to the next, laundry load to the next, etc.! I sit down to eat my lunch and dinner and that's about it these days. I don't know why I am on speed all the time but I am. So we said our "see ya laters" to the Barker family on Monday when I went over to Jana's place. Well Tuesday was their moving day and I had our entire crew of friends and kiddos at our house for a big ole' play date and lo and behold in walks Jana and Mara Kate! I knew she couldn't stand to not be here! ha! Kane gave her 1 hour to get gas and make a pit stop (a very-much-out-of-the-way pit stop) to come over and see the girls. We were all so happy to see them and the kids were excited to have yet another playmate for a short while.

We are in the process of looking for another place to live so that is why I have also been so busy. In between errands, naps, meals and play dates I am running from house to house trying to find a new pad. I know you cannot believe it but we can't either. We just moved July 1st! I unpacked everything, had pictures on the wall...the whole shebang and I started taking it all down pretty much 2 weeks after living here. We aren't too happy, to say the least. We will most likely break our lease and we are praying we can get our deposit back, a.k.a., our very nice landlord will have mercy on us! To make a very long story short, there is an apartment above us and 2 young girls just moved in with their 2 very large dogs. Yes, we knew someone would be living above us but the "absentee tenant" (the neighbors and the previous tenants referred to her as this) lived here for EIGHT years and was practically never here so it was quiet. Well of course the day we move in she moves out! Go figure. So we hear EVERYTHING above us because it's all hardwood floors. We are mainly bugged by the dogs claws on the floor, their living room is above our bedroom and they are up at weird times during the night so sleep is broken at times. So we are trying to find another house, which is why I have never posted a picture of where we live at the moment because hopefully it will just be "for the moment." So that's that.

I also kept Mara Kate on Friday so that Kane and Jana could deep clean their apartment in order to get their deposit back. Jana stayed for a couple of hours while Kane finished up at Tech so that was fun as well. So really the week Jana moved I saw her 4 times....I guess it really wasn't goodbye! ha!

So I'm still on my homemade baby food bandwagon (yes I am patting myself on the back) and I made blueberry puree for Baby Rane. Oh my what a bloody-looking mess it was!!! He loved, loved, loved it! Whenever he gets excited (and he has always done this) he stiffens up his arms and legs, they vibrate while he coos very loudly and his eyes bug out! It's hilarious. He took one bite of those blueberries and did his excited routine! Thankfully I was smart enough to remember this meal would cause stains so I stripped him down beforehand.

Rane is also cutting his two bottom teeth! Yeay! He is drooling like mad and is back to getting up before dawn so that's a bummer. He isn't bothered by his teeth at all so I'm hesitant to blame the teeth on the early wake up but I need to blame it on something to make me feel better!

Here are the pictures from our week....



The gang minus Anjuli's little sister, Keona.
L-R: Mara Kate, Anjuli, Ella Ann, Diego, Alexia, Luke
Rane, Henry
The four of us girls started out 4 years ago with zero kids and now look how many there are!


Rane sharing his toys with Henry.


Sharing snacks at Ella Ann's table.


They are all playing with babies and the doctor kit.


The blueberries!!!!


I know, it's strange looking!


I also had to include this picture of Rane after bath time earlier last week.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Oh, good post! Lots of fun activities. The blueberries DO look like a bloody mess, but very yummy! Glad he liked them.

Thanks for watching Mara Kate for me so much lately when my life as been so crazy.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!