Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Week

Now that school is out for the summer and we are left with nada to do I am filling our week with activities with friends, errands, pool and in between all that....naps. Glorious naps. Rane usually takes three naps a day that are anywhere from 1-2 hours. This schedule really does put a damper on MY schedule! I can't go anywhere! Thankfully, though, I think he is beginning to drop that third nap and lengthen (hallelujah!) his second nap which oh-so wonderfully coincides with Ella Ann's afternoon snoozer! So lately he has taken a 1-hour nap in the morning and then a 2 to 3-hour nap in the afternoon. Yippee! This leaves me time to clean and pack, pack, pack for our move in the next couple of weeks.

Okay so now that we can have somewhat of a life with the summer months we had the girls over this week for our weekly time of chatting, encouragement and prayer. The kids play very well together while we do all of this. Rane loved having all these little ones to watch! The kids played in Ella Ann's room, for the most part, and we could hear them in their little pretend world. So cute!

On Thursday morning we met up with Janelle and her two kids, Anna-Kate and Ryan, at the zoo. We have several friends that are members so I do not plan on ever going to the zoo alone...what fun would that be? :) The girls had so much fun running around together and there was hardly anyone there so it was perfect! Once we made all the stops we wanted to with looking at the animals we stopped and let the girls ride the carousel and play on the playground. Thankfully Ella Ann didn't notice the petting zoo as we walked by it. I hate that thing.

Saturday I went shopping at the mall with the kids. Spencer is currently working on a big presentation for the end of the month so we needed to give him some time alone. Ella Ann loves going to the mall and keeps up with me very well. The downside to her walking in every store with me is that she likes to touch....everything. If it is breakable it is like it has a neon sign over it saying "Ella Ann, please pick me up!" I don't know how many times I said, "Put that down Ella Ann. No, we cannot buy that." She's cool with it, though.

Well that's all for this past week. I plan on majorly packing up what is left of our house this week and hanging with the gals again.



Anjuli and Ella Ann played with baby dolls pretty much the entire two hours!



Diego was all about the doll house van! Please notice the four other wooden cars of Ella Ann's that he managed to squeeze into the van! I looked for those cars everywhere and didn't find them until I uploaded this picture!


Luke "fixing" Megan with Rane's tool rattle!




Playing Elafun. It was SO cute to watch the big kids try to get the butterflies. Little Alexia (green shirt) tried to get in on the game but all she could do was pick up the fallen butterflies!





Keona checking out Rane's exersaucer.



Watching the elephants with Anna-Kate and Janelle.


The girls held hands the whole time we walked around! Awwww!


Finding the baby gorillas.


Riding the carousel.


Playing on the see-saw.



I baked a Mississippi Mud Cake on Friday that is SO good! I know you wanna make it now that you heard that title so I will post the recipe after these pictures. Ella Ann has never, ever asked to eat the batter. As you know she just ate cake for the first time on her 3rd birthday so eating the batter was never an issue. I would just shoo her out of the kitchen while I licked the beaters and bowl! :) Friday was the day that changed her life.....she ate the triple chocolate cake batter and will never be the same!



This was the easiest cake I have ever made and it is wonderful. I found it on a food blog I keep up with called Big Red Kitchen. Make it!

Mississippi Mud Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 jar of marshmallow cream
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Bake the cake according to package directions. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven dump the jar of marshmallow cream on top and let it melt over the cake. D o not spread it until the cake has cooled a bit. Melt the butter on the stove and stir in the chips. Stir until chips melt. Pour over the cream and swirl with a knife. Done! Sorry, no pictures of the cake!

2 comments:

Andria said...

That is hilarious about the wooden cars! He is such a boy! See, Rane will do just fine playing dollhouse with Ella Ann, he'll just take over the vehicles!

Janelle said...

Cute pics...excpet the butt pic of me, thanks! :) The girls were so cute and we'd love to do it again soon!!