Friday, June 19, 2009

Sweet

This is the word I use to describe Ella Ann and Rane's relationship. When I say they adore each other it is no exaggeration. Ella Ann loves to lavish attention on Rane and he soaks it up like crazy! The newness of Rane I guess will never wear off for her because she still wants to help change him, dress him, feed him a bottle and nowdays she wants to feed him his food which I do not allow because she will shove that spoon down his throat! :) The sweetest thing I have seen, though, thus far is earlier this week when we were driving and I look back at Ella Ann and her and Rane are holding hands across the middle seat. Love her heart!!
I often let Ella Ann sit with Rane in his room to play and Sunday after church I walked in to see this.......





She loves to read to him and he will sit/lay for a very long time listening to her and watching. She will explain everything that is going on in the book (even if it is totally made up) and will point out the characters. Rane loves it!



What a good big sister!!!!


On Monday I met some friends at the pool we always go to and we had a great time, although 2 kids is much, much harder to deal with all alone when a body of water is involved! Ella Ann mostly stayed where she could touch but I had to fetch her a couple of times from the deeper water because she won't hold her head up with her water wings on so she sucks in water. Rane got in the pool for the very first time and got to wear his little swim trunks! He loved to kick his legs! It was just too much for me to have to worry with a camera so I don't have pictures of that outting but I promise to take pictures next time!

Today I am keeping Mara Kate while Jana and a friend drive up to Jana's new home in Rome to start cleaning. I love keeping Mara Kate. She is a doll and is such a good girl. Of course her and Ella Ann play very well together and I never, ever have any problems with them. They are so funny. I walked in this morning to Ella Ann's room and they are facing each other sitting on the floor and putting on all of Ella Ann's jewelry and pretend makeup! I asked where they were going and they said to Kroger and Target but Ella Ann said she needed to go start the car first with her keys! :) They set up a beauty shop on my bed and were drying each other's hair and curling it with the (pretend) curling iron! I also took them outside to play and I asked Ella Ann what they were doing and both of them start yelling, "We're playing with Holy Polleys!!!", a.k.a., rolly polleys. Gotta love it! When Rane was taking his nap earlier the girls were walking around the house in Ella Ann's princess costumes and I told them they needed to stay up towards the front of the house because Rane was sleeping. Ella Ann said, "Well our Prince Charmings are back there in the hallway so we need to stay with them." I laughed SO hard!



Ella Ann is telling me where they are going.


Putting on eyeshadow!


Their beauty shop.



The girls had a picnic lunch so that I could have a super easy clean up and they thought that was the best thing ever! Notice Rane.....he watched them like a hawk and was just as entertained!


My sweet little man!!!!


Rane loves to put his feet in his mouth now but I have to keep socks on him often because he will scratch his feet and legs up and they bleed! He's also working on his thumb again and I pray he would hurry up and love it so that he will soothe himself at naps and bedtime!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Katie, cute post! The sibling pics are so precious.

Thanks so much for watching Mara Kate today. She literally cried almost the entire drive home, saying over and over, "I don't want to go home". I know she had a blast! Thanks again for keeping her so I could get a head start on all I need to get done up at the new house. I enjoyed seeing pics of her playing at your house. They were busy little girls today!

Mandy said...

So sweet! Nothing is more precious than wathcing your kids interact with and love on each other! I know Ella Ann is a great big sis. Rane looks adorable! For the first time, I can see a little bit of Spencer in those last two pics. :) Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
Love,
Mandy